Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting. Am I missing something?

Sat, Sep 22 2012 6:59 PM (34 replies)
  • SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2012 3:10 PM

Har har har! Lmfao.

Well, I've taken the advice you all have given and made a 54 footer followed by a 15.7 footer so I'm getting back into the groove of things. I must have just been having an off week. I appreciate all the responses, and didn't really expect to get more than one or two to begin with.

Also, I was playing around on "standard" green type earlier and found my putts, even on 0 incline the entire distance, were dropping 2-3 feet short. Had a 15 footer, hit it 100% power with a ding and was 2.5 feet short of the hole, was surprised how much it slowed down, as I just assumed that "standard" meant there would be little to no speed variance. It is nice to know that the green speeds change from day to day, though, I'll have to keep that in mind.

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:21 PM

Bubbadork, thanks for the explanation!

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 11:19 PM

Wow really guys? All that for a darn golf game?

Takes the fun out of it if you ask me. Do you guys bring yard sticks and measuring tape's when you play IRL? LOL 

That's ridiculous if you ask me .

Yeah all that and the auto dinger and you dont even have to sit in front of the computer to play huh? Nice to see who is playing and who isnt. 

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 9:56 AM

Lol it is pretty sad if people are using auto-dingers. I actually thought that's how most of the people in the tournaments were scoring sub-29 rounds, but oh well. 

I quit using the putter pal and the ruler. Got my 1 putts up to 24% from 18% and my 2 putts to 67.5% from 60% just from eyeballing the meter with the knowledge gained from more extensive play. 3 putts are almost non-existent unless I REALLY miss the ding. Lol. Down to 68 average from 76 when I posted this thread because of the putter! 

• bpierce749
    116 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:29 PM

He didn't mention anything about an "Auto-dinging" program.  He made a program that allows him to calculate distances faster.

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 2:06 PM

I guess pros who use caddys are ridiculous as well.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 3:07 PM

pjctas0822:
    Takes the fun out of it if you ask me.

pjctas0822:

Nobody asked you.

• PokerPlayer92
    42 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 6:59 PM

SevenDeuce it can take a LONG time to get used to the putts... people sometimes blame wgt for missing putts long and short but i get the speed right almost every time... it just takes practice and make sure you use 1 foot of elevation is one inch distance when putting... also fast greens you just putt the distance listed... but for very fast greens you have to take off about 1/6th (or at least i do) after figuring out elevation... also when you have a 58 footer and it says up 2 inches at the hole... make sure you back the arrow up along the whole line... it may be 2 inchs up at the hole but it may be 7 inches downhill earlier in the putt or something like that.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 7:02 PM

Steve442:

pjctas0822:
    Takes the fun out of it if you ask me.

pjctas0822:

Nobody asked you.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of responding to one of our resident curmudgeons.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 7:47 PM

Umm this is an open forum nobody has to ask my opinion Ill just give it when I see fit. Those of you taking it in a bad way, I then question your integrity as well.

We all know there are people who cheat personally it doesn't matter because they have to live with themselves :)

I know he didn't say anything about auto dinger I can read but thank you for interpreting that for me because my spanish gets in the way sometimes. Un come meirda tu eres.

RSS