Forums

Help › Forums

Re: connection problem

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 13 2012 5:15 PM (3 replies)
  • ttopmustanggt88
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 2:07 PM

I play at work and its no problem with a cable internet connection. I used to be able to play at home with my ATT cell phone tethered to my laptop. Well now it says problem connecting with wgt servers would you like to retry? So I cannot log in from home. Its a hp laptop with windows 7 tethered to a samsung galaxy note. Ive tried both tethered with the cable and using it as a wireless modem to connect. I can do everything else on the laptop on the internet but not connect to wgt servers. Any help would be appreciated.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 4:10 PM

Are you on a router at home? Not the modem .........Next time you launch WGT check your router settings and see what number gateway is being accessed well in your case denied. Thats if indeed your going through a router. I have to assume their is some type of gateway on your connection that needs to be given access. Try defaulting your connection. I am not real experienced with that type of connection but going to basics helps. Has it worked from home before with that connection?

I guess its like a wifi type?

• Crazy3
    107 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 5:10 PM

Is it just me, or does WGT seem to have more connection and disconnect issues as you approach or just after the change of date?

In my case that is anything near 8 pm (20:00) Eastern Standard Time.

System slows down to a crawl or stop - disconnects happend - meter jumps, etc.

Just wondering if it is a time issue.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 5:15 PM

Check your Mobile Phone plan provider.

Perhaps they have shaped or Blocked WGT suspecting the constant download as suspicious?

RSS