Help › Forums

Re: WARNING TO MATCH PLAYERS

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:57 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Claesson77
    11 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 8:15 AM

Jesus...there are guys in this game, who should play something else...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:21 AM

Damn G, I never said it was you.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:25 AM

It is an attempt at gamesmanship.  The solution is to not let it work on you.  Feller tried it on me, I just knuckled down and took two holes.  Then I said, you might as well shoot, looks like the delay is bothering you more than me.  

He disconnected.  I got the creds.  I don't usually watch TV during the delays, but I can check my email or pick my nose or something.

• senec
    252 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 12:14 PM

In a match play the other day,on the first hole my opponent conceded a 10 footer for a birdie while he had only a tap in for his par.I asked him if he was in a hurry;he didn,t answer.Stayed silent for a couple of holes and became friendly after taking a lead.Do you think it was "gamesmanship"in an attempt  to scew up with my brain a little,so I would lose my concentration.There were no credits involved.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 4:51 PM

It's possible.  Competitiveness doesn't give a rat's about credits, they're just a bonus. There's an old book called "Games People Play."  Quite interesting.  It's something we all do, and often don't even know we're doing it.  

Even worse is being played and not realizing it.  Our worst moments don't come from stubbing our toe or hitting a ball in the water.  They come when we're told how stupid and worthless we are for stubbing our toe or hitting our ball in the water.

I'm inept in a lot of ways.  I just think: "Digs are water, I'm a duck's back."

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:44 PM

JoshuaHay23:

i wasnt crabbing.. i was just tryin to warn other players.. guess thats what i get for tryin to help

Sounds normal for having a free speech in this forum. You get criticized.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:01 PM

Games4Ever71:

JoshuaHay23:

i wasnt crabbing.. i was just tryin to warn other players.. guess thats what i get for tryin to help

Sounds normal for having a free speech in this forum. You get criticized.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't think the OP was being 'criticized'; certainly not by me. A forum post made, to me at least, is an invitation to discussion of the point raised.

So you're asking for opinions in effect, so folks like me and Bubba note that gamesmanship tactics have been developed in the sport of golf since only shepherds in kilts banged featheries (aka 'Scot's hackysacks') with found sticks or clubs, of an appropriate size, hand-carved to produce striking surface and grip.

You're going to encounter them here, so learn to not let it get to you.

As far as the timing disconnectors: words fail me, lol. No excuse for THAT behavior!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:25 PM

This happens all the time to everybody. 

Running the clock down is one form of ..... trying to get your opponent annoyed to point his/her game goes down the tube. Can be very frustrating and you have to learn to deal with.

Running the clock down is also ....  time to make all your calculations and all that jazz for the shot your taking.

I'm pretty quick from tee to green, but on the greens it might take a bit longer to figure out all the roles.

I only play multi-play games with people on me friends list. Set-up a friends list and play the game with people you know you can trust and have a good time with. If your playing the game with random people all the time (and there is nothing wrong with that), you will get games that can frustrate the living daylights out of ya...lol

-Roger

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:57 PM

i don't see what the moaning's about.

if the other player wants to take the full 90 secs on each shot ....big deal...i mean he's quite entitled to do so.....that's why the timer's there.

next time set the timer to 30 secs.

• PAGES
RSS