Forums

Help › Forums

Re: meter skidders

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:54 AM (9 replies)
  • buttfface
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2012 6:20 PM

Am i seeing things ? Lately on greens of tournaments my meter looks like it got the case of the skidders. all the rest of  of shots to the green are smooth. I noticed it just started .  can somebody help me and advise . thanks

• Mariho
    21 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 12:53 AM

i'm having major meter problems,at least a week now,if you got a fix from someone please let me know buttface  thx man

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:23 AM

Change to the Maxthon 3 browser and clear all the junk from your PC. It works wonders.

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:28 AM

I had one earlier today on Kiawah Island course. Never seen it happen before like this. It was in mid air and the whole screen looked like it was in slow motion while the ball was skipping across like a slide show. It blew my mind when I seen it and almost thought It would mess up my shot but it landed where I wanted it to. My last round I did notice the meter shooting way pass my ding area I could barely catch it. Lost some decent balls too before switching to the practice balls.

Happy Golfing!

Joe

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:45 AM

Yeah, lately I've been having a VERY jumpy meter. I thought it might have been lag, so I turned all the settings to the lowest quality, but it didn't help much. I've tried multiple browsers, but that didn't help either and I know it's not my computer (custom build gaming computer). I'll chalk it up to slight server issues.

Was having the best round of my life earlier, 2 birdies and then a 36 foot putt for Eagle... Then on my next drive my meter somehow sped past the ding, and I shot my first ball ever out of bounds. /ragequit Lmao.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:34 AM

Guys:

How can anybody tell or even help without knowing your equipment - ehm - software?

It may be the server, but let's include or exclude your local stuff:

Which browser, which Flash version do you have?

Did you notice any update of these lately?

If Chrome, are you sure that only one Flash version is active?

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:39 AM

What about for the Women alosso?

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:01 AM

In my case, I usually only use Google Chrome, but I've tried Mozilla and the issue was still present. As for flash, I run weekly updates, so whatever the latest version is, is what I have. Sadly, if the issue is me running the most current version of flash, I'm going to have to live with it as this isn't the only game I play.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:49 AM

Milfshake:

What about for the Women alosso?

lol!

Don't see any woman asking - phew!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:54 AM

SevenDeuce:

In my case, I usually only use Google Chrome, but I've tried Mozilla and the issue was still present. As for flash, I run weekly updates, so whatever the latest version is, is what I have. Sadly, if the issue is me running the most current version of flash, I'm going to have to live with it as this isn't the only game I play.

Firefox (Mozilla?) shows game freezes with the Flash new versions. I can only play with version 10.3. Not your WGT browser obviously if you need the current version.

In Chrome, up to three Flash versions may collide. Type "about:plugins" in the command line to disable all but one version. It's best to deactivate the "pepper" version and the external one (used by Firefox and others). Chrome maintains a unique plugin version internally - this is the choice.

You may then disable Flash updates but any Chrome update will obviously revive the problem.

RSS