Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Changing Tier

Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:41 AM (5 replies)
  • BooRidley
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 4:24 AM

Hello folks, as a newbie to the game I am still soaking up all the information I can to improve my game but one thing i don't understand is the tier levels.

Currently I am Amateur status with Level 35 though i see other players with Tour Pro on Level 34 and at the other end of the spectrum - Amateur with Level 46.

So i ask, what is the criteria for moving your status up and is there any benefit to 'camping' at a level?

Regards,

BR

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 9:00 AM

You'll become a Pro at an average of 80 after 10 ranked rounds as an Amateur.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:14 PM

Level (eg 35) has nothing to do with your tier (amateur), it only unlocks equipment. Staying at a tier on purpose while leveling up is called sandbagging, and it's good for sissy, cheating losers who suck.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2012 1:15 PM

BooRidley:
    So i ask, what is the criteria for moving your status up

Welcome to the forums!

Look to your right under: "FAQs" --------------------------->

See the article called: "Changing Tiers"? Click that and I'm sure your questions will be answered :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• BooRidley
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 7:20 AM

FAQs:

My tier says I'm a "Hack". How do I change tiers?

Advancing to the next Tier requires a qualifying Average Score AND a minimum amount of completed stroke play games, which will take a little more time but will help players reach the Levels necessary to unlock upgraded equipment that is helpful to compete at higher Tiers.

Ok, i'm getting close to what i'm looking for now, thanks people. But is there no public record of what the required average score and miniumum stroke play games is for each Tier?

It would be good to know what i'm aiming for for each next Tier i want to achieve.

• SevenDeuce
    31 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2012 10:41 AM

This was posted in another thread, how accurate it is, I do not know. Well, I know that the Tour Pro is correct as it worked for me. Hope this helps.
    Pro = average 80 with at least 10 ranked rounds played as Amateur

Tour pro = average 72 with at least 20 ranked rounds played as Pro

Master = average 67 with at least 25 ranked games played as Tour pro

Tour Master = average 63 with at least 40 ranked games played as Master

Legends = average 61 with at least 50 ranked games played as Tour 

RSS