Help › Forums

Re: not clear on tier tournaments

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 30 2012 2:34 PM (4 replies)
  • ArtAcer
    4 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 1:30 AM

Hello

I read that tournaments are divided by tier, meaning that you play tournaments against others of your tier.  I am a hack and I havent found that to be the case.  The tournaments that I enter seem to have much higher tiers on them, and I don't have a realistic chance of placing.

Am I missing something?  I would like to feel that I can at least compete.  Thanks!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:44 AM

ArtAcer:

Hello

I read that tournaments are divided by tier, meaning that you play tournaments against others of your tier.  I am a hack and I havent found that to be the case.  The tournaments that I enter seem to have much higher tiers on them, and I don't have a realistic chance of placing.

Am I missing something?  I would like to feel that I can at least compete.  Thanks!

Hi

Tournaments will start at the amateur level. Hack tier is the beginning, so it's meant to learn the guy, how clubs work, hoe to chip, and other things. We also have few very good guides in the tips section :)

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 9:59 AM

The Weekly tournaments have a section for Hacks. 

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 2:34 PM

ArtAcer:

Just an example. Let's say someone enters a monthly tournament on the 1st of the monts as a hack or amateur. By the time the end of the monts arrives, he can already be a tour pro, but his results in that tourney will count in the tier he was when he entered (hack or amateur). He'll also be able to play that tournament from hack tees every time, even though his regular tees will be longer. But the scores will count for the average of his current tier. I hope I didn't complicate it too much, but that's how you get pros and tour pros in the amateur leaderboard.

PU

RSS