Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game Settings Practice Mode

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:03 PM (9 replies)
  • pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:06 AM

I must be missing something but.....Is there a way to play a solo game in practice mode ? Lets say I want to practice a certain course to experiment with shots and such without hurting my average and being able to choose conditions and tees hole locations etc etc. But I want to play that round solo .

Thank you in advance.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:29 AM

not sure if you're asking seriously,
    but gonna answer anyway:

you click stroke play (left side menu), pick a course,
    then change game mode (on the right) from ranked to "practice",
    then configure the various settings to your liking.

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:30 AM

Just click stroke game under play the game, choose a course, practice mode, then you can set tee, wind, holelocations and greenspeed. Tee off when its done, happy hitting. :-)

Egon

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:56 AM

Yeah I was serious lol. I have always only played ranked rounds in CC tournies or M/P's multiplayer/A/S multiplayer. Didnt ever try setting up solo game in practice mode. I guess I can set up ranked rounds that way also to play solo too ? Sorry for sounding like a noob but I always played "man style" not average protecting just go on out and shoot whatever I shoot.

But I realized now that I am approaching the elite Tiers that practice is necessary to be able to compete against the top dogs. Excluding all multi accounters,sandbaggers and men pretending to be women and vice versa lol Yall know who you are and so do I .

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:41 AM

Well i turned Legend last week, practice sometimes, more now, when i find something hard to handle, practice the course, to i can handle it better, then ready to play ranked!

Egon

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:16 AM

pjctas0822:

Yeah I was serious lol. I have always only played ranked rounds in CC tournies or M/P's multiplayer/A/S multiplayer. Didnt ever try setting up solo game in practice mode. I guess I can set up ranked rounds that way also to play solo too ? Sorry for sounding like a noob but I always played "man style" not average protecting just go on out and shoot whatever I shoot.

But I realized now that I am approaching the elite Tiers that practice is necessary to be able to compete against the top dogs. Excluding all multi accounters,sandbaggers and men pretending to be women and vice versa lol Yall know who you are and so do I .

Sorry man, but there were some top players,
    like 55 avg legends asking how to equip their bag so you never know :)

you don't sound like a noob, I'm here 2 years
    and I'm still finding out new stuff all the time,
    like the fact that you can make the flag wave (who knew? :P)

practicing is crucial, I managed to change my putting avg
    from 1.80 to 1.75 and counting, thanks to practice round.
    you can use "random 3" if you wanna mix things up,
    that's only available on practice mode,
    it'll give you 3 random holes to play from the course you pick.
    if you want to be a god in putting go to oakmont,
    the insane breaks there will sharpen your putting skills like you won't believe.

good job on grinding it the right way. hope I was of help,
    if you want someone to practice with send me a practice game invite anytime.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:16 PM

For masochists (or alt-shot fans) good practice is to pick a course and INTENTIONALLY beat a drive into the rough on one side or other. Now your mission is to save par.

Do the same, only on your approach, rather than your drive, to give some excellent short-game practice.

Playing on your own and keeping the ball in play may be easy at whatever skill level your at ... but recovering from a partner's errant shot is a good skill to develop.

It's an easy game from the short grass, but dealing with the ca-ca lies well can be a game-saver.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:48 PM

gmaster007:

pjctas0822:

Sorry man, but there were some top players,
    like 55 avg legends asking how to equip their bag so you never know :)

you don't sound like a noob, I'm here 2 years
    and I'm still finding out new stuff all the time,
    like the fact that you can make the flag wave (who knew? :P)

practicing is crucial, I managed to change my putting avg
    from 1.80 to 1.75 and counting, thanks to practice round.
    you can use "random 3" if you wanna mix things up,
    that's only available on practice mode,
    it'll give you 3 random holes to play from the course you pick.
    if you want to be a god in putting go to oakmont,
    the insane breaks there will sharpen your putting skills like you won't believe.

good job on grinding it the right way. hope I was of help,
    if you want someone to practice with send me a practice game invite anytime.

I will go ahead and add you to my contact list for practice rounds. Yeah I am just finding that I better start practicing more to make it a little less stressful on my average so that my actual skills will coincide with my average. I just dont want to be one of those players that go to STA just to get their avg down and move up in tier. I know that doing it that way will only hurt you later whan you have to man up and play the harder courses.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:52 PM

gr8flbob:

For masochists (or alt-shot fans) good practice is to pick a course and INTENTIONALLY beat a drive into the rough on one side or other. Now your mission is to save par.

Do the same, only on your approach, rather than your drive, to give some excellent short-game practice.

Playing on your own and keeping the ball in play may be easy at whatever skill level your at ... but recovering from a partner's errant shot is a good skill to develop.

It's an easy game from the short grass, but dealing with the ca-ca lies well can be a game-saver.

I agree . You must be versatile and well rounded to claim being a Legend . You can tell when you play legends that they took the easy way out just by the way they manage the harder courses. They leave their drives in the wrong spots and leave approaches on a sidehill etc etc. All those type of players did was protect their average by W/D games they are not doing well in or playing easy courses etc etc.

I can usually beat the breaks off those type of players regardless of what their tier states they are :)

Personally I love a challenge.

• dunlapajd
    13 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:03 PM

pjctas0822:

gr8flbob:

I agree . You must be versatile and well rounded to claim being a Legend . You can tell when you play legends that they took the easy way out just by the way they manage the harder courses. They leave their drives in the wrong spots and leave approaches on a sidehill etc etc. All those type of players did was protect their average by W/D games they are not doing well in or playing easy courses etc etc.

I can usually beat the breaks off those type of players regardless of what their tier states they are :)

pjctas0822:

gr8flbob:

pjctas0822:

gr8flbob:

Newbie here.  All good practice suggestions, especially the ones about more practive from the rough instead of always trying for the fairway.  Thanks.

RSS