Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wind

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:08 AM (2 replies)
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:30 AM

I have noticed a problem, and was wondering if it is a bug or what? On your approach shot, adjusting to the wind. 

The wind direction is shown one way at the ball, so you go to the flag and look there the arrow for the wind direction did not change. You adjust the marker and make the shot, now if you remember you checked the wind at the flag, now all of a sudden the 11:00 or 1:00 wind direction you saw at the ball and at the flag, has now changed to almost a 9:00 or 3:00 direction well you can guess what happened to the ball position. What is up with that ? is it a bug? is it a flaw?  

This has happened more than once or twice

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 8:53 AM

hi

direction changes because of the angle you view it from changes. there are few more variables as well. I think andyson wrote a detailed post about it in past.

-wgticon

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:08 AM

WGTicon:

hi

direction changes because of the angle you view it from changes. there are few more variables as well. I think andyson wrote a detailed post about it in past.

-wgticon

... also remember that the wind is based on the camera view you're using at the time not a direct line between player and the pin. Some of the off angles from the fairway can be deceiving when looking toward the greens.

RSS