Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Powerful Computer and No Issues . . . Until lately. Help Please

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:38 PM (7 replies)
  • GolfMaster09
    4 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:44 PM

I have used Chrome, Firefox and IE9 and in all of those browsers I have had major issues with the meter jumping. 

My computer is a Core i7 second gen processor with 8GIG RAM, Intel HD 4000 graphics and a screen resolution of 1600x900 so naturally I play WGT at its highest settings with no issues . . . until a couple of days ago. 

I have no idea why but my meter has been jumping like crazy. I have been playing the game since 2009 and never had I had these issues, even on my lower end old HP PC I had back in 2009. My Wifi is fast and secure, 12MBPS. My laptop and phone are the only things using my wifi so that is not the issue. I have tried all three major browsers and still have issues with the meter jumping.

What the heck is going on? Help would be appreciated. 

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:19 PM

Try the Maxthon 3 browser.

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:28 PM

yea maxthon3 is the best browser ive used, not had any problems since

• don78
    8 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:38 PM

i have similar computer stats as yours but better graphics than yours i play next gen emulators so it has to be up there, dont worry its your graphics or how many gig u have its the browser that matters, im using chrome (for versatility and ease cos i have a thousand bookmarks)etc.. I  use an old chrome its about 3-4 months old and it works perfectly. iv tried max etc.. but thats bs cos they want u to sign in every time with fukn facebook, and anyway chrome is still the fastest iv found so il stick with chrome.The only other 1 id use (if i had to)is ie its very basic no bulshit (like these other new browsers)just slower i would use that if i had no other.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:49 PM

Before you go using another browser (since most people get comfortable with what the currently use) Check your Flas version and see if it has been auto updated. If it has revert back to the previous version that way you dont have to go through the hassles of importing your browser setting and bookmarks and such and such.

Switching browsers is cool but not a very fesable option nor should it be the first fix attempt. If all else fails then by all means try a different browser. Its nice to get what you already have to work dont you think?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:36 AM

+1 PJ!

Add attention to different browsers having different issues with Flash and different fixes.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 4:21 AM

pjctas0822:

Before you go using another browser (since most people get comfortable with what the currently use) Check your Flas version and see if it has been auto updated. If it has revert back to the previous version that way you dont have to go through the hassles of importing your browser setting and bookmarks and such and such.

Switching browsers is cool but not a very fesable option nor should it be the first fix attempt. If all else fails then by all means try a different browser. Its nice to get what you already have to work dont you think?

Sorry PJ but since it is not  Adobe Flash updates that causes the problem per say there is no need to revert to an older version of flash in Chrome for a vast majority of computers. The problem is that most of the time when Adobe Flash updates Chrome updates their Shockwave Flash that Contains the Pepper Flash Player and re-enables it even though it has been disabled previously. So the cure is to simply go back in once again and disable that crap player again and it will be good till the next time Chrome updates. The only way to go about preventing it is to Shut off Chromes ability to auto update. The downside to doing that is then you will not get any Chrome security updates until you manually update it. Then guess what when you do that it will reload and re-enable that crap Pepper player again. So it's kind of a revolving door so to speak. So if one doesn't want to keep having to redo this all the time it's best to use a different browser for game play. Like several I have settled on Maxthon3.

Golfmaster...If you want to keep Chrome simply use About:plugins or Chrome:plugins in your HTTP:/ search and disable the  Shockwave that contains the Pepper Flash Player and you will be fine till the next Chrome update.

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:39 AM

Don't forget to clear your browser cache, restart your computer and restart your router regularly.  I run Chrome with Flash 11.4 with no issues.  C

RSS