Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New to the WGT!!! Well semi-new!!

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 5 2012 6:32 PM (7 replies)
  • AGaskey
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 3:27 PM

I have been playing for about a week or so and I keep noticing many things that I am still wondering about. 1. I have been trying to make friends on here but it seems that any person that I send a friend request to doesn't seem to be interested, or isn't online much. 2. The site states that we can earn credits!! How do new-comers go about doing that? 3. With using starter clubs what is the best way you suggest that a person get practive on the courses? I notice that some of them are still locked for play even though I am amateur?

Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated. I am also looking for friends. So if you read my post and have some insight and would like to befriend me on WGT it would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron Gaskey

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 3:40 PM

Hi Aaron and welcome to the forums.

Friend requests that you send out must be accepted before you actually can be friends.  Some folks prefer to use their friends list as a way to keep in contact with people they know or have played with before.  Since you're a relatively new unknown player it may take a little while to build up some "cred", but you'll be loaded down with friends before you know it.

There are a couple of ways to earn credits right now.  This blog post covers all of the various options.  Give it a read through and you'll be on your way.  One thing that is not mentioned in that blog are the promotion bonuses you receive for advancing through the tiers.  You'll receive 50c for reaching Amateur, 100cr for reaching Pro and 200cr for reaching Master.  Progress at your own pace though because some of those Master tier players are exceptionally good at this game and you don't want to be in a tier that is beyond your ability.  If you play and post all of your scores (good and bad) then you'll be nestled right into the tier that you belong in with players of similar skill.

The best way to get practice is to just play.  Ranked rounds will affect your scoring average and you will earn promotions as your skill level increases and your average decreases.  You can also choose to do Practice Rounds and those do not count towards your stats or average.

Some courses are only available as a CTTH (Closest to the Hole) challenge.  At this point in the game there is nothing that you need to unlock.  You can play full tee to green play on Bethpage, Kiawah Island, St. Andrews and very soon we will be adding a 4th full course, Oakmont Country Club.

Good Luck =)

• toona
    389 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:33 PM

hey, before long you will addicted like the rest of us. a friend request is on the way. good luck and keep it in the short grass

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 5:36 PM

Yup and welcome. Here comes another friend request!

Greg.

• AGaskey
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 8:21 PM

Got the invite and accepted it. Thanks again. Doing my best to keep it in the short stuff, sometimes I think that I need to invest in a lawn mower though.

• AGaskey
    5 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 8:23 PM

Thanks for the invite Greg. I think that I am already addicted. I mean I love playing the Tiger Woods golf games, although I have boycotted a bit since his infidelity. :)

He is still a great golfer though.

Aaron

• BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 9:57 PM

Hi & welcome to you, I won't give ya a parade, but anytime you'd like the chance to try Eagles Golf Club Association, has openings(need to join friends list to recieve invitation), and fixing to send out my first set of club badges...I can say without a doubt your choice is yours to make, alot of folks will offer help to those needing it, here in the forums, for those who read it.... are better informed.Learn your game, make friends, & have a great time doing it!gOOdgOlfin2ya'...BigArnL  *My Invitation is for anyone serious about this game & what it has to offer..

• barry38372
    55 Posts
    Thu, Apr 5 2012 6:32 PM

hi, im barry38372 ,ive posted 7 times on here ,so im relativly mew myself . my level is 56 so im rookie ,or, what you guys call an amature , i was wondering how can i be anything on here if i only earn 50 cents and how did i do that . i stink , also my state tennessee wont allow me to play in some tourneys ,and, as a result i had to quit a country club . i see country clubs all the time ,but, what about the amatures like me who "im speaking for me " when i say this . how can i get better ,of course practice . thats what i hear but there is no program on here to help amatures like me who struggle with the putt meter on here , heck it happend to a master golfer on here , how can the put meter be fixed so that all golfers know exactly how far they hit their putts . for excample it says 10 ft, then put goes 1.1 inch toleft or right . i cant get the feel for this meter ,and i haven't beaten anyone on here . its not a complaint ,but the amatures could be taken care of on here till they prove themselfs to be a pro , because just because im amature does not mean i cant become pro ,or, does it.

RSS