Help › Forums

Re: Please Help Me With Meter Stutter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:09 AM (4 replies)
  • Ang1K
    86 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 2:23 PM

Hi,

I have a brand new laptop and I can't get the meter to stop stuttering. I have tried IE, Chrome, Maxthon, Maxthon Beta. I have used Game Booster with all these too and saw no improvement. I have flash player 11,4,402,287 with pepper flash disabled. I don't know what else to do.

If you have any suggestions I would be very appreciative. 

• BSro
    3 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 8:47 PM

Ah.. looks like you have it all covered. Pop up blocker off? Think that is the only thing you haven't mentioned. Lower the display settings? I have meter "glitching" too. After I set the distance with the backswing.. I watch the meter and if I notice it isn't flowing smoothly... I won't do the second click to set accuracy.. I will just let the meter go all the way back, and do it again. Eventually the meter doesn't glitch, and I click to set accuracy. Try the Ez Swing clubs *yuck* .. with them all you do is set distance.

• Ang1K
    86 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:41 PM

If anyone else has any solutions I'm all ears. My new laptop is 1000 times better than my old one and somehow it works better.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 3:17 PM

Ang1K:
    If anyone else has any solutions I'm all ears. My new laptop is 1000 times better than my old one and somehow it works better.

Hello Ang1k, and welcome to the forums!

Do a quick search in the search bar to your right for "Meter Fix" (or some combination of the words "meter", "stutter", "fix") and you will find more advice than you can handle :p

If you haven't already, try performing a thorough browser maintenance regimen including Clearing Your Cookies, Clearing Your Cache and Clearing Your Flash Cache.

Let us know if you have any questions and I'll be sure to help you the best I can :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza 

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 5:09 AM

Since you have tried all of the standard browser items it is hard to make suggestions without knowing what type of computer you have, what video card, what programs you have that may be running in the back ground etc. Another thing is how bad is the meter stuttering? With some computers there may always be a slight stutter. One possible reason your older computer may do better is the video card may paint pixels faster than the new one. 

You mention Game Booster, did you use the configure feature to turn off the unnecessary processes & items that are running in the background?

One of two other things you can try is either use CC Cleaner to shut down more start up items or type msconfig in your Star/search box and uncheck startup & processes along with items that you don't need. But you need to be careful not to shut off necessary ones.

Do you have other screens open or other programs running when you are playing the game? Some computers can handle that others can't.

This game uses very little memory and a LOT of most computers CPU % which fluctuates from low to high. If you downswing during those fluctuations then the meter can stutter. How much depends on your system.

RSS