Forums

Help › Forums

Re: my country club forum is gone

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:56 AM (8 replies)
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:50 AM

idk what happened.. but myself and other members have been trying for days to use the forum in our country club.. when we get a error saying that it doesnt exist.. ny ideas how to fix this??

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:04 PM

hi

can someone access the forum? I would suggest transferring ownership to that person, then leaving the club and have that person re-invite you (and transfer ownership). you should then have access again.

you can do the same for other members, just ask them to leave and then re-invite them.

-wgticon

• JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:03 AM

well i gave te ownership to another player a few months ago because life just became too busy.. and we were having that problem.. then he gave it back to me when he got busy and now we r still having the same issue

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 12 2012 3:02 PM

JoshuaHay23:

well i gave te ownership to another player a few months ago because life just became too busy.. and we were having that problem.. then he gave it back to me when he got busy and now we r still having the same issue

hi

I would say transfer it to a 3rd person, then both leave and come back, Hopefully it'll fixes it.

-wgticon

• JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:50 AM

no luck.. im also unable to email my members.. although im the owner it says that i cant email my members because IM NOT A MEMBER lol.. one thing after another i guess

• Russell05
    17 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:51 PM

i also was removed from my CC. Can't reach anyone to ask why. Was there last night and now i am not a member of any Club.....

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 3:23 PM

Hi

i'll try and reach out to engineers next week to see what they can find.

-wgticon

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:25 AM

WGT knows about the issue when CC are transferred.

The workaround seems complicated, but it just requires steps to be taken in the proper order:

As a club owner, find a CC member who will cooperate.

1. transfer the club to that person and have them verify that they have accepted - it can only be done via a confirming email link. Be sure they have it.

2. Have them toss you from the club and re-invite you back, thus resetting your status to new member. First, make sure you ARE back and can access forums - okay done?

3. Now the member must transfer the club back to you, and you must use the email link to accept the club.

4. Now you must also boot that member and re-invite THEM back because when they transferred membership back to you, THEY lost forums also!

5. Lastly, once they're back in the club, they will be treated as a new member and have forums again. 

The only thing lost in all this is that the order of membership (by date) will have have been altered - no big deal.

• zzturk
    150 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 11:56 AM

To russell05 ...

If you regularly played in CC tournaments, it might help to know that the X-out button for club members is only a few millimeters from the scroll bar that the club owner uses.

It is very possible that you were inadvertently booted. Simply re-apply.

If or you feel there WAS an issue (such as tourneys only being for credits and you never played) or if you feel that someone had an issue with you, and you want to try a CC with free tourneys, apply to  "The AFC Northern Golfers", where we encourage players to improve their games and offer help to achieve this.

RSS