Forums

Help › Forums

Re: white border on full screen

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:48 PM (2 replies)
  • Toadachee
    2 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:43 AM

My computer did an update last night and of course some of my settings changed.  one of them is that i now have white instead of black to the left and right of the play screen when i go to full screen.  any suggestions on how to fix this?  thanks

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:08 PM

Toadachee:

My computer did an update last night and of course some of my settings changed.  one of them is that i now have white instead of black to the left and right of the play screen when i go to full screen.  any suggestions on how to fix this?  thanks

It may be browser-specific, but here's my way out:

I use Comodo Dragon browser, and there's 2 ways to go to full screen - a, use WGT's full screen button in lower right of play screen that gives white side borders (not recommended); or b, use Dragon's full screen control (click on Dragon's eye in upper left corner, and select zoom full screen button in the drop-down menu) which yields black side borders.

An additional benefit of going the 'b' route is that you can chat in play without having to leave full-screen mode; using the WGT 'a' route, I had to leave full screen mode to make a chat entry.

Furthermore, I use a meter tape (aka 'poor man's putter pal') and noted that both length and position of the WGT meter varies slightly each time one invokes full-screen. Using the browser's full screen control, meters are rock-solid.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:48 PM

Yeah but when you go full (low Graphics in Flash Low setting) The ding line on the meter is easier to hit. Its a little bit bigger then when you use the browser full screen instead of the Icon in game full screen. I tend to Ding more with the white border. Though it does take away from the overall look of the game. I prefer gameplay and no meter skips rather then eye candy.

RSS