Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The solution

Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:33 AM (9 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:24 AM

WGT / Flash / Internet / Servers / PC / Maintenance / Player

Who knows exactly where's the real source of technical problems while playing WGT.  I have published this solution two times before as a thread, answering someone else's inquiry.

Just in case any of you haven't tried this before.  It solved ALL my flash problems finally and WGT runs near perfect, after SUFFERING big time ... lol

1.  Click on this LINK

2.  One by one, select each website listed in that frame (they get gray back-grounded).  While selected, click on the upper left button that says Delete website.  Important : Do this as many times as necessary to clean this panel BUT YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE SITE media5.wgt.com intact.

Illustrative Image :  KTz7q cQiCyloHjS5mEk.htp

3.  Then you click on media5.wgt.com and slide the upper bar to the right, up to the most convenient number (I have it on Unlimited).

And that's it ! ... Other than this, make sure that you clean all your browser history and cache at least once a week and you should be fine (I hope).

Good luck to all ;)

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:12 PM

It sure feels good when someone finds very useful what helped you too.  I found this kind note on my wall today :

- quoting a post left on my wall -

I recently read a posting of yours  in the WGT forum regarding "tweaking the adobe flash" I tried it, and  it worked and I want to share it with some friends, and to use it again if or when needed. My problem is I can't find it. I've used their search engine for The Solution and your name as the author and I can't get it to come up. Could you or would you please forward the link to me. Thank you.

- end of quote -

When you find a good "work around" you only wish everyone find it as well ;)

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 1:54 PM

It always feels good to help, doesn't it?

I believe the original link is from the thread, Optimizing Your WGT Experience by WGTalex back in 2009. It is permanently set at the top of the Forums/Welcome to WGT/Community Help where this thread is located. There is a lot of good advice there.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/635.aspx

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 2:17 PM

Nice work Q , i am not very good with computers , i want to try this but i am afraid i will do something wrong and ruin my game , is this possible i could do that by doing it incorrect .

dflop  !

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 3:26 PM

dflop:

Nice work Q , i am not very good with computers , i want to try this but i am afraid i will do something wrong and ruin my game , is this possible i could do that by doing it incorrect .

Hey DF, no way you can hurt the game by doing this.  If its running near perfect for you right now, then you don't have to try this.  On the other hand, this to me is a good maintenance practice, given as a free choice by Adobe.  Just follow the steps I numbered and you should be fine.  Take care !

PS.  I am not a "computer guy" either, other than pointin'-clickin' n crossin' fingers type of user here ... lol

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 3:33 PM

srellim234:

I believe the original link is from the thread, Optimizing Your WGT Experience by WGTalex back in 2009 ...

Thank you Mr srellim234 !  Excellent information.  I never came across this official WGT publication.  It's great to have a more complete compilation of good technical advises coming straight from the makers of WGT themselves.  Gratefully, AJ

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 4:10 PM

Quijotazo:

WGT / Flash / Internet / Servers / PC / Maintenance / Player

Who knows exactly where's the real source of technical problems while playing WGT.  I have published this solution two times before as a thread, answering someone else's inquiry.

Just in case any of you haven't tried this before.  It solved ALL my flash problems finally and WGT runs near perfect, after SUFFERING big time ... lol

1.  Click on this LINK

2.  One by one, select each website listed in that frame (they get gray back-grounded).  While selected, click on the upper left button that says Delete website.  Important : Do this as many times as necessary to clean this panel BUT YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE SITE media5.wgt.com intact.

Illustrative Image :  KTz7q cQiCyloHjS5mEk.htp

3.  Then you click on media5.wgt.com and slide the upper bar to the right, up to the most convenient number (I have it on Unlimited).

And that's it ! ... Other than this, make sure that you clean all your browser history and cache at least once a week and you should be fine (I hope).

Good luck to all ;)

I will try anything to help my game experience. So I tried this and quite frankly it is not good. I had the most awful meter that I have ever had. Not only was my meter absolutely awful the whole game except for the meter speed seemed to be running in slow motion. The meter about 7 or 8 times didn't even start when I released the mouse button for a good 4 to 5 seconds. I was even thinking shoot my game froze it took so long to start. I had more skips in that one 18 hole round than i have had in the past month total. It is going back  to the 100 KB that WGT recommends. 

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 20 2012 5:04 PM

borntobesting:

So I tried this and quite frankly it is not good. I had the most awful meter that I have ever had ...

Hello Borntobesting.  I am so sorry to read that.  I hope that you could recoup your game to your previous settings and made it run the way it was before this attempt.  I think we all do our best and share in good faith our "fixes" with others.  Before your thread another player claimed that it did work for him.  I guess there are so many uncontrollable things for each end, computer, internet servers, browsers, etc ... only God knows what is best for each one of us.  Cheers ;)

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:47 AM

After I thought about it last night I realized maybe I needed to clear my cache. I cleared my cache and tried it again and the results were much better, So I may keep it like this for now. We will see. 

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:33 AM

borntobesting:

After I thought about it last night I realized maybe I needed to clear my cache. I cleared my cache and tried it again and the results were much better, So I may keep it like this for now. We will see. 

Quijotazo:

Hello again Sir.  I sincerely hope that either you found these changes good for you or you got your previous settings back and normal.  Either way, we all are trying new things all the time in our attempt to have our best experience of WGT and by no means I would recommend anything to others if it didn't give me great results.  Cheer !

RSS