Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club ratings - purchasing info

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:47 PM (1 replies)
  • Ibbie
    13 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 1:08 AM

While I can take an educated guess as to the meaning of these sub-headings when purchasing and using clubs, I feel it would be beneficial to get a more detailed understanding as to how your ratings effect strokes in this game.

Ratings typically used include: Precision, Shot-shaping, Balance etc.

Some are obvious, some require more information.

For example, when purchasing a putter, am I better off with Precision or Balance? How do these effect my game?

With the drivers & irons, when it comes to "Precision", if I hit the ding on a "1" rating or a "4", the ball seems to go where I am aiming. What exactly is Precision?

In summary, curiosity leads me to want more information. Is there a link to a post which details how your ratings affect clubs used in one's game?

Thanks

Ibbie

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:47 PM

hi

it's what you wan actually, and this is how I view it from my personal view.

1. in putters, precision just means that. but balance means the chance it'll keep its line true on ding and is aided by other options.

as you what is better... i feel like if you have fair amount of longer putts for eagle (like cabo or sta), balance maybe better than precision.

4. for other clubs precision is how true will the flag work against all other elements. 

Maybe the way I view it, is a bit different but that's my opinon

our faq pages have exact info though.

-wgticon

RSS