Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Last and for all

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:44 AM (3 replies)
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:08 PM

WGT when are you folks going to give us a stimpmeter reading?

The reason being is now you have gotten me to the same point as some others on here. Why should it take me one or two holes to figure out what the real green speed is for a tournament. Legend should mean Legend speeds not even close to very fast. Shot a 29 because 1st putt 2 inches short next hole allowing goes past.

Just makes me wonder if all I have read here is true. That the best players tell each other the real conditions before playing.

First hole you don't really know but they always seem to shoot 27's 28's.

Just make me wonder?

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:31 PM

How many real holes of golf have you played where they give you a Stimpmeter reading when you hit the green?  Just curious.

Make a putt and make a judgement.  Good Lord.  

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Oct 21 2012 10:38 PM

bubbadork:

How many real holes of golf have you played where they give you a Stimpmeter reading when you hit the green?  Just curious.

Make a putt and make a judgement.  Good Lord.  

Never playing as a club golfer, nor can a pro use one each hole. Also bear in mind most golf courses have subtle speed differences, partly due to the sun/shade. time of day, wind and rain and drainage - the list goes on.

I have noticed slight differences in the green speeds on WGT day to day but a stimpmeter reading each time you hit the green is not required - soon shooting in the 40s will become a regular occurence by many

• ksinfield
    310 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2012 6:44 AM

i was shooting regularly in the 40s last week

thats the last time im going to play the olympic front 9 with heavy wind and tourney greens for a while lol

RSS