Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help, Please!!!!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:53 PM (3 replies)
  • Robbh65
    29 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:11 PM

I am having a horrible time with this game. I bought a new set of clubs several months ago. Sine then, my game hasreally gone south! Not that it was all that great, but it went even further south. Namely control issues with the clubs. Also I cannot get the tutorial video to come up before I putt. When I click on it I get a white small white screen. I am at wit's end and ready to just quit the site altogether.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:40 PM

Robbh65:

I am having a horrible time with this game. I bought a new set of clubs several months ago. Sine then, my game hasreally gone south! Not that it was all that great, but it went even further south. Namely control issues with the clubs. Also I cannot get the tutorial video to come up before I putt. When I click on it I get a white small white screen. I am at wit's end and ready to just quit the site altogether.

hi

do you have a popup blocker? it would explain why tutorials are not showing.

what browser/version are you using? 

as to control of the clubs., are you hitting it in center (ding) or play by another method?

-wgticon

• marks84
    184 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:49 PM

Robb,

For what it's worth, it looks to me like you have a decent set of clubs although you might want to invest in some better wedges and use better balls than the starters (Srixons maybe) because you cannot control the starters. I would put away the hybrid and carry 3 decent wedges (I use the CG16s, but find what works best for you). A big part of this game is controlling the ball on and around the green, and starter wedges and balls will not allow you to do that. Better balls will slow the meter down on your clubs, allowing for better control (more dings hit, better results). I have no clue as to why you cannot access the tutorials, and I cannot really give you much advice on putting becauae that is the worst part of my game. Hang with it and keep practicing, better results will come.

Best of luck.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:53 PM

As Icon said, are you having trouble hitting the ding? The club speed of the clubs you have is fairly fast, especially compared to the starter clubs. Also the starter ball not only is fast, but you will have little control with it. You could try to use a slower meter ball to see if that helps - even the slower meter WGT balls available in the pro shop are much beter than the ball you are using. You may want to consider getting a couple of good wedges as well, these can save you a lot of shots.

As for the tutorials I can't give an answer but look at the section - optimizing your PC.

It does take a while to get used to new clubs with a faster speed, and takes a lot of practice and persistence but worth it in the end.

RSS