Help › Forums

Re: NFG on the lynxs

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 30 2010 11:25 AM (4 replies)
  • davefv82c
    11 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 6:27 AM

hi all

im new here, love the game of golf . and have played a lot of internet golf since becoming disabled in 07. i have been playing on TW Online but EA decided to call me a thief over THEIR billing mistake and ban me it was a bad move on their part as i have been loyal to them since buying my first PC golf game of theirs PGA Tour 96. i also have played through all the TW games that have been made for PS3,and also still play TW08 on line at gamerangers. i have only looked around a little and hit a few balls but this looks a lot more real then any of EAs product. it looks like it may take me a little time to adjust to the WGT but so far i like it.

i grew up on the game as my parents where part owners a few stores in ohio. called the House Of Golf. back in the late 70s the golf industry had a big slump and they could no longer carry the business. in my youth i competed in Jr events in the state of Ohio,i got to meet a lot of the Pros from that era and even got to play with a few. i am from Columbus Oh,and was also a member of a CC out in Dublin,Oh not to far from JNs Murifield and have also played that course. at one point in my life i had a sponsor to go to PGA school but i did not take it,it was at a time when partyin was more important then golf,many times i have kicked myself in the butt for turning it down.

sorry for rambling just giving a little insight to myself.

now back to EA but im here to play golf but i thought i would give a little insight to what EA can do to you by using your bank cards with them. 

here is a post i copyed from their forums,that i had a friend post for me. it is a shame that a multi million corp,on the stock exchange can treat their customers in this manner.

thats all for now i hope to get to play here without such problems i know these bank things happen but their handling of it was just sad.

davef  below is the post i spoke of

====================================================================

slapper3333 

[Avatar]

this is davefv92c here i have been banned for a misteak that EA made by refunding me to much money. 
    what a freaking joke it is trying to deal with these people. 

here is my online chat session. 
    ============================================================================ 
    Response 
    Hello, 

Thank you for participating in our Chat program. 

You will find a transcript of our chat session attached below, and should also receive a follow up survey via e-mail. While participation in the survey is not required, we would appreciate your input and participation as we strive to improve the services we provide you. 

If your question was not answered to your satisfaction, please contact us once again. 

Additionally, you may update your question by visiting our support site located at http://help.easports.com. Upon login, you may locate the associated incident by clicking the “My Questions” link found to the left. 

Sincerely, 
    EA Customer Support 

Discussion Thread Chat Transcript 
    05/24/2010 07:25 AM 

Hi, my name is Paolo. How may I help you? [07:04:45 AM] 
    : could you please tell me why i have been baned from the tiger woods online game? [07:05:17 AM] 
    : and hi BTW [07:06:06 AM] 
    Paolo: Let me check it, give me your account please [07:07:55 AM] 
    dlfv92c@cox.net [07:08:21 AM] 
    Paolo: wait for moment [07:09:18 AM] 
    : i understand the site is upgrading and such,but i have done nothing there to merit being baned [07:11:07 AM] 
    Paolo: Thanks for your patience [07:18:41 AM] 
    Paolo: I have checked your provided account and found that this account has been banned for fraudulent activity. [07:19:08 AM] 
    Paolo: so, this account will no longer on EA site/EA games. [07:19:28 AM] 
    : what sort of stuff is that? [07:19:31 AM] 
    : i have no idea of what that means [07:19:58 AM] 
    : is there a phone number i can calll to find out more [07:20:17 AM] 
    Paolo: I can redirect to concerned department to get the exact information and they can get back to you through e-mail [07:21:14 AM] 
    Paolo: or you can call at 650-628-1001 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 650-628-1001 end_of_the_skype_highlighting [07:21:30 AM] 
    : i need a phone number [07:21:34 AM] 
    : thx [07:21:53 AM] 
    Paolo: you are welcome [07:23:23 AM] 
    Paolo: Is there anything else I can assist you further? [07:23:26 AM] 
    : all i get is a reference back to live chat and music will anyone answer this [07:24:51 AM] 
    : no [07:24:56 AM] 
    '' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user'). [07:25:04 AM] 
    ========================================================================= 

here is the dispute form i have had to send them 

========================================================================== 
    Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. 

Due to the nature of your issue, more time is required for investigation. I apologize for any prolonged delays this might cause, but please rest assured that we are trying to handle your issue in a timely manner. During this time, you may still update your incident with additional information that might help us resolve your issue without causing any additional delay. To update your incident click the link above that says, “To view or update your question from our support site, click here". 

Thank you, 
    EA Rep Austin 
    EA Online Support 

Customer 05/24/2010 09:51 AM 
    this morning im on the tiger woods online site and my access has been haulted,and i have been baned.i called the live chat and they told me i was baned for frudulant activtes. this i would guess all stems from that your billing dept over charged my bank account on 2 monthly subs i got charged on may 7,8,and 9th at that time i noticed the overcharges going on i had to contact my bank because i did not have the funds to cover the over charges and i had become over drawn also recieving 2 over draft fees of 35.00 each,they seemed to get it straightened out quickly and i did not think much more about it. then a couple of days ago i was checking my online banking and i noticed you had refunded me more. i knew it was a misteak on YOUR part and was waiting to recieve an email instructing me what to do to get the funds back to you. instead i get no notice what so ever and you boot me off the site. you know i live by treat others as you want treated yourself and a notice would have been nice. i do not have a problem with having my bank redirect these funds back to you. however i had spent other money buying points so i could get to buy the equpidment that i wanted to use and such,and was also told i would recieve another 500 for the trouble of the initnal overcharge. 
    this should really be a no brainer for you guys since i have been a loyal customer since buying my first golf title of yours PGA96. i have also bought all the tiger woods games for PS3 and enjoyed them very much along with the online version 
    not to mention that i have directed friends,and family members to the online game and they to have joined. 

at this point in time i have lost trust and faith in your billing and PR depts if you would have my account reinstated and i have not lost any of the things i had to buy with more money. i would quickly call my bank and have those refunds sent back or send you a new payment off my card. 

i have also talked with one of your reps on the phone if you would like to review it the ref # is{100524-005998}. 

from the heart- i really dont understand why you went about this in this manner,im an ol school biker and i always pay my way and if i cant then i dont partisapate. it is just that simple i have wondered around this morning feeling as if i have done something wrong and i dont believe i have,i believe this is just a billing problem on YOUR end.i had no intention of not repaying these funds. 

please help me get this right as im disabled dont get around very good and just love sitting in front of my computer playing your wonderful game. 

i hope to hear back something soon 
    thanks for listening. 
    lets do the right thing

• davefv82c
    11 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:51 AM

this is davefv92c here i have been banned for a misteak that EA made by refunding me to much money. 
    what a freaking joke it is trying to deal with these people. 

here is my online chat session. 
    ============================================================================ 
    Response 
    Hello, 

Thank you for participating in our Chat program. 

You will find a transcript of our chat session attached below, and should also receive a follow up survey via e-mail. While participation in the survey is not required, we would appreciate your input and participation as we strive to improve the services we provide you. 

If your question was not answered to your satisfaction, please contact us once again. 

Additionally, you may update your question by visiting our support site located at http://help.easports.com. Upon login, you may locate the associated incident by clicking the “My Questions” link found to the left. 

Sincerely, 
    EA Customer Support 

Discussion Thread Chat Transcript 
    05/24/2010 07:25 AM 

Hi, my name is Paolo. How may I help you? [07:04:45 AM] 
    : could you please tell me why i have been baned from the tiger woods online game? [07:05:17 AM] 
    : and hi BTW [07:06:06 AM] 
    Paolo: Let me check it, give me your account please [07:07:55 AM] 
    dlfv92c@cox.net [07:08:21 AM] 
    Paolo: wait for moment [07:09:18 AM] 
    : i understand the site is upgrading and such,but i have done nothing there to merit being baned [07:11:07 AM] 
    Paolo: Thanks for your patience [07:18:41 AM] 
    Paolo: I have checked your provided account and found that this account has been banned for fraudulent activity. [07:19:08 AM] 
    Paolo: so, this account will no longer on EA site/EA games. [07:19:28 AM] 
    : what sort of stuff is that? [07:19:31 AM] 
    : i have no idea of what that means [07:19:58 AM] 
    : is there a phone number i can calll to find out more [07:20:17 AM] 
    Paolo: I can redirect to concerned department to get the exact information and they can get back to you through e-mail [07:21:14 AM] 
    Paolo: or you can call at 650-628-1001 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 650-628-1001 end_of_the_skype_highlighting [07:21:30 AM] 
    : i need a phone number [07:21:34 AM] 
    : thx [07:21:53 AM] 
    Paolo: you are welcome [07:23:23 AM] 
    Paolo: Is there anything else I can assist you further? [07:23:26 AM] 
    : all i get is a reference back to live chat and music will anyone answer this [07:24:51 AM] 
    : no [07:24:56 AM] 
    '' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user'). [07:25:04 AM] 
    ========================================================================= 

here is the dispute form i have had to send them 

========================================================================== 
    Hello, 

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. 

Due to the nature of your issue, more time is required for investigation. I apologize for any prolonged delays this might cause, but please rest assured that we are trying to handle your issue in a timely manner. During this time, you may still update your incident with additional information that might help us resolve your issue without causing any additional delay. To update your incident click the link above that says, “To view or update your question from our support site, click here". 

Thank you, 
    EA Rep Austin 
    EA Online Support 

Customer 05/24/2010 09:51 AM 
    this morning im on the tiger woods online site and my access has been haulted,and i have been baned.i called the live chat and they told me i was baned for frudulant activtes. this i would guess all stems from that your billing dept over charged my bank account on 2 monthly subs i got charged on may 7,8,and 9th at that time i noticed the overcharges going on i had to contact my bank because i did not have the funds to cover the over charges and i had become over drawn also recieving 2 over draft fees of 35.00 each,they seemed to get it straightened out quickly and i did not think much more about it. then a couple of days ago i was checking my online banking and i noticed you had refunded me more. i knew it was a misteak on YOUR part and was waiting to recieve an email instructing me what to do to get the funds back to you. instead i get no notice what so ever and you boot me off the site. you know i live by treat others as you want treated yourself and a notice would have been nice. i do not have a problem with having my bank redirect these funds back to you. however i had spent other money buying points so i could get to buy the equpidment that i wanted to use and such,and was also told i would recieve another 500 for the trouble of the initnal overcharge. 
    this should really be a no brainer for you guys since i have been a loyal customer since buying my first golf title of yours PGA96. i have also bought all the tiger woods games for PS3 and enjoyed them very much along with the online version 
    not to mention that i have directed friends,and family members to the online game and they to have joined. 

at this point in time i have lost trust and faith in your billing and PR depts if you would have my account reinstated and i have not lost any of the things i had to buy with more money. i would quickly call my bank and have those refunds sent back or send you a new payment off my card. 

i have also talked with one of your reps on the phone if you would like to review it the ref # is{100524-005998}. 

from the heart- i really dont understand why you went about this in this manner,im an ol school biker and i always pay my way and if i cant then i dont partisapate. it is just that simple i have wondered around this morning feeling as if i have done something wrong and i dont believe i have,i believe this is just a billing problem on YOUR end.i had no intention of not repaying these funds. 

please help me get this right as im disabled dont get around very good and just love sitting in front of my computer playing your wonderful game. 

i hope to hear back something soon 
    thanks for listening. 
    lets do the right thing

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 10:49 AM

Tiger woods golf has become a bad joke. Ive played all of them since the start and EA sports games b4 they were EA. (TIBURON UNLIMITED)   They were great during the genisis and nintendo years and at the start of playstation. But since EA has become more caring of licensing and contracts they started to concentrate more on graphics and player name add-ons. Too which was no small leap year after year. Tiger woods even on the hardest setting is no immulation and has too many consistent shots. I.E. if you have a x # of inches up or down and this much grid break aim arrow here and drop every time. Because EA sports signes agreements to license players names in game they monopolize the market and have no incentive to evolve from competition. Multi million dollar corporations that monopolize the market are always run by foul thoughts on purpose and is the reason i quit buying and playing anything with EA SPORTS name on it. Including my Beloved Madden.    60.00$ every year for new player names and a cover when i can allready create players myself was just not worth it for years. Now with the new 360 and PS3 having more technology i fiqure EA would Bring Tiger back from the grave too me. But after tryin all of them for while and including the Wii tiger it still looked like a kids cartoon and the Wii was more challenging just because of the motion controller. There is a xbox 360 tiger game that uses a club and ball fixed too a tee so u really swing a club, but  there is no change in precision using the ball and club vs the control pad.  Tiger online for the PC is terrible. I feel bad they booted u for no good reason and u aint the first to have EA sports account issues for nothin.   Think of this as,    THE LORD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.    THE LORD TAKITH AND THE LORD GIVITH U ONTO WGT HEAVEN.   Welcome brother....There is no EA sports kool-aid here.

• davefv82c
    11 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 11:25 AM

thanks for the welcome,after playing on here for a bit i can see it will take me a short time to get used to it, i have always used true swing so doing the clickers is a bit harder.

the pro shop seems reasonable enough looks like people are having a lot of fun playing here so this shall be my new home for my internet golf. i resubmitted my story so it would show up in full so people can get an idea of what dealing with EA is like.

well i need to work on my game here

have a good one

• toona
    389 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 11:34 AM

welcome to this wonderful game. I'm just north of you in Marion ,OH. this is a very realistic and challanging game.have fun and keep it in the short grass. I will send you a friend request and maybe we can play a game sometime.

RSS