Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cheating comes in many forms, but dishonesty is plain dishonest.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:31 PM (2 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:20 AM

The website wgtls.co.uk commonly known as ladders is accused of dishonesty.

I was a member there for over 18 months and have now resigned.

The reason is they run an event called The Tour which is the only

Event where WGT credits can be won. Those credits are put up by sponsors

for the twelve weeks of the Tour, so roughly 60K in sponsorship.

The thirteenth week is an event called Sponsors week where the host wgtls, put up a prize pool of 5000 Credits and invite all sponsors to play, roughly 20 people.

The tournament started on Sept 9th and was supposed to run for one week as per normal, however after 5 days an extension to playing time was granted for whatever reason, never explained. 7  people played at least 1 round and 4 people completed all four rounds in the allotted time schedule. However their scores were never recorded and eventually 7 weeks later a request to the site owner as to what was happening culled this response  “*** has cancelled it, I am sure he had his reasons”

Now in my view once a tournament starts it has to finish, but NO, not here, they cancel , keep their credits, and 4 guys are deprived of their winnings.

To me cheating is a flaw in your character, but dishonesty is a crime.

Edit: I do not see a post reply button so I am asuming you have locked the thread WGTicon.

I aslo have the right to reply..

BTW what happened to the post from Chrisironbones did you or he delete it?

As to mark and his website, he is somewhaht economical with the truth.

We now have 2 different reasons for cancellation of the Sponsors week tournament.

One from mark, which states it was out lack of interest, which in most peoples view is not a valid criteria for cancellation.

I have played several CC tourneys where I was the only player and won all 10 placing prizes.

I have never seen WGT cancel a tournament for lack of interest.

The other from his chief henchmen and sole administrator of the Tour where he states that the majority of the field requested a cancellation and carry over of the credits. Now this is simply not true, as before I left wgtls i contacted several competitors to check on this, and there is no evidence at all that this is the case.

I actually spoke with one competitor today who admitted he did not know of the cancellation until our talk, and he is one of the 4 competitors that cmpleted all four rounds.

The simple truth mark is that you allowed your moderator to cancel a tournament because the 2 people leading it, and in line for prixes were 2 people that your moderator took a personal dislike to.

The reason for the low turnout is very simple, 2 of the 4 rounds were on Uneven Lies, which a lot of people hate.

I have just completed the Uneven lies in WGT organised by Corwyn and cerinodevotti and we only had 16 entrants.

Like a lot of senior players in wgtls have already stated, you are losing control of your site, and I believe WGT should take action against you for allowing your moderators to behave in this fashion.

• mwh65
    63 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:31 PM

With regard to the WGTLS Tour credits these have been moved to the new Season which will start in the new year. It was cancelled due to a lack of interest. We are not keeping the credits and let's face it neither you or any other player at WGTLS were asked to part with credits to take part. In fact no ladders or tournies at WGTLS are you required to part with credits, only with the WGTLS Tour do we ask for sponsors.

It seems clear to the players at WGTLS that in the last 6 months of your membership you have done nothing but upset other players on the forums and by blaming your son for the downright rude and obnoxious comments that were put in the M & G chatroom a while back.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:31 PM

edit:

WGTLS Owner deserved to reply.

RSS