Forums

Help › Forums

Re: driver

Mon, May 31 2010 8:27 AM (5 replies)
  • saxo1
    16 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 8:31 PM

I just bought the ping ``raptor``because it said it had slow meter speed. Well I can`t keep up to it. I am not happy. It gets good distance,but I can`t keep the ball on the fairway.Can I trade the club in,or what do I do?

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:19 PM

You can sell it back for 25% of the purchase price or invest in a ball that will somewhat slow meter even more , but honestly I don't know if a slow meter can be slowed further...Maybe Jim or Soul will give you a hit in a few and let you know .   GL

"Ace"

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:29 PM

saxo1:

I just bought the ping ``raptor``because it said it had slow meter speed. Well I can`t keep up to it. I am not happy. It gets good distance,but I can`t keep the ball on the fairway.Can I trade the club in,or what do I do?

I don't mean to be critical but the Rapture driver has the slowest swing meter speed of any driver in the game except for the beginner driver.If you can't keep up with it you are going to have problems if you upgrade any of your other clubs because all of the better clubs have much much faster meter speeds. My advice to you is practice until you can ding the meter constantly or at least come close to a ding. Because with it's forgiveness you don't really have to ding the meter to get a good shot.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:39 PM

borntobesting:

I don't mean to be critical but the Rapture driver has the slowest swing meter speed of any driver in the game except for the beginner driver

QFT.

The higher-end Master drivers, like the G10, R9, and R9 Supertri will be going two to three times as the Rapture, if you don't get used to it now you will never have success.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 4:33 AM

Keep with it. Most people on here will tell you it takes between 10 and 20 rounds to get used to new clubs.

Careful though or you might end up like me.........a gear pig....lol

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 8:27 AM

saxo1:

I don't know how long you have had the new driver but it takes a few days of practice to get used to hitting it. Also there have been a few updates lately and if you haven't cleared your cache then you may have an erratic meter.

I have that same driver and like it very much.

RSS