Forums

Help › Forums

Re: new hack in town

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 28 2012 2:00 AM (7 replies)
  • tdriver60
    6 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 5:40 AM
    Good Morning WGT Players I am tdriver60, a brand new hack in town. This has been a great golf simulator and look to improve with time on course Lets face it as a hack, no place to go but up! My scores have been anywhere from 43 to 53 for nine. I have many questions, but first, how to move up the ladder. Do I need to keep playing as I am until I reach a higher rank? I am still not sure how all this works. Tuts are helpful, it looks like input from the players will be most valued. I have enjoyed the play very much. Should I buy credits to start improving equipment. Thanks for the help and the game! tdriver60
  • AceGolferAce
    3 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:24 PM

Welcome, I haven't been here very long my self but In order to advance to the rank of amateur you must lower your over all score.

I hope that helps. 

• senec
    252 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:13 PM

Hi and welcome.No rush for changing equipment;practice on easier courses,Bethpage and Oakmont will discourage you.Start by playing Kiawa and St-Andrews,later when you get the hang of it and better clubs you can play those courses.Read and watch videos that are available,right here on your right.Don't buy equipment until you get good with starter clubs.Right below "buy credits"you have "free credits";Stack up on free credits,move up in tier until you get to  pro level at least then get some better equipment.When you're ready ask for advice on witch clubs to buy,but don't rush it,it's great to beat a master on a match play game when you're just a hack or an amateur.LOL...Good luck.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 2:28 PM

Hi td...most of your questions require that you ask yourself how serious you are about moving up the ladder. Not to discourage you, but many of the players here, especially those that win everything, and have those unbelievable averages, are putting in a lot of time and play until there fingers bleed. My suggestion is that you enjoy the ride and don't take this too seriously...that is unless you are willing to risk getting hooked. As to your questions, you'll advance in tiers as your average improves and you can buy an easier game with better equipment. Check out the Getting Started and the FAQs over there----->for more information. Have fun and I will see you around the course.

Joey

• motorhdusa
    23 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:08 PM

just played a game and one guy quit after about 4 hoes  he ended up finsihing with a 22    what is going on here ???

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 6:53 PM

Welcome to the game. If you search the forums for how do I tier up you will find the information on this. As you say the only way is up, and the better you play the more you will probably enjoy the game.

My advice it to just keep playing and practice a lot using your existing equipment. Try to earn free credits and accumulate them until you reach a higher level (mid 30s), then when you do upgrade, the equipment will last for longer before you outgrow it. Make sure you read the FAQ and video tutorials, and search the forums for tips.

When you feel a bit more confident and level up a little, join a Country Club and play with other players. Most players are willing to give you tips and offer advice.

I actually used the starters equipment for a year but with hindsaight, I wish I had upgraded earlier as the game does get much easier (but be aware the meter speed increases from the starters clubs).

Most importantly, enjoy the game.

Alan

• tdriver60
    6 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 8:51 PM

Thanks to all for the input and info. The game is fun and keeps one returning for more, even when the screw ups happen. It's all learning. I have played Bethpage and Oakmont and Just have to keep in mind experience level. I think that's what keeps me playing. Thanks again all!

tdriver60

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Oct 28 2012 2:00 AM

I invite any of the new guys to check out my blog. Been here over 3 years so there might be something there that might be helpful...be sure to click on the View All tab to see it all and let me know what you think. 

Joey

RSS