Forums

Help › Forums

Re: green light / red light

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:09 PM (6 replies)
  • jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 3:22 PM

if in your friends list a player has a green light does that not mean he is available for a game. A red light meaning they are playing a game.

If you invite a player that is green and they say they are busy playing a game, and after they decline the invitation they are still green, would that not mean they would just prefer not to play a game with you.

just curious

jiggsie

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 3:50 PM

You would think this is the case but it is not always the truth. I have noticed for example when playing a unlimited tourney in the CC or Weekly tourney's my light will remain green, so I try to remember to turn it red so people know I am playing.

Another example can be that a player is in the process of setting up a game in a game lobby and has made the arrangments to play a match that may not have started yet, so when you go to invite them they are "Playing a game" or in the process of one that is being set-up.

Conclusion: If they on your freind list take them at their word that they are infact playing a game. If they didnt want to play you they would just ignore or turn of invites from you!

Have fun!

Mes.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:32 PM

I have never in my puff sent an "already playing in a game" or "no thanks" when declining a game . . . in my eyes it's just plain rude.

If you're green but are waiting for a particular player to play with or are setting a game up you have the option to explain that when you decline . . . then no one's in doubt.

A yellow light has been mentioned as a good feature before and I for one would like to see that come onboard.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:49 PM

There is a bit of a bug. Ive been on like hole 5 before and got invites coming in to me. Sometimes it doesnt auto turn you to Red.

But agree w/ Lobsterboy above. A yeller would be nice.

• borntobesting
    9,687 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:45 PM

jiggsie:

if in your friends list a player has a green light does that not mean he is available for a game. A red light meaning they are playing a game.

If you invite a player that is green and they say they are busy playing a game, and after they decline the invitation they are still green, would that not mean they would just prefer not to play a game with you.

just curious

jiggsie

It should be if you are playing any kind of round it would automatically go red but for any unlimited play tourney the light stays green unless you click on busy to make it go red. Some of us just forget to change our status when we play and some of us like me at times are just too lazy to change it. 

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:09 AM

Mesmorizer:

You would think this is the case but it is not always the truth. I have noticed for example when playing a unlimited tourney in the CC or Weekly tourney's my light will remain green, so I try to remember to turn it red so people know I am playing.

Another example can be that a player is in the process of setting up a game in a game lobby and has made the arrangments to play a match that may not have started yet, so when you go to invite them they are "Playing a game" or in the process of one that is being set-up.

Agreed, sometimes light will remain green even when in a game. And like you said, when your in a lobby setting up a game your light will stay green till game starts. This would be good to fix, as its never nice to decline a friends invite.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:09 PM

I think the Online Status dots defaults are changed when you manually alter it.

eg; if you are in a game and turn it to green, next time you are in a game it stays green

You will have to  manually 'correct' the dot status for it to default correctly again.

RSS