Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Donations

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:34 AM (9 replies)
  • spitlist
    119 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 4:01 PM

I am giving up this game and want to donate my credits and clubs to a friend.  How do I do that?

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 4:09 PM

spitlist:

I am giving up this game and want to donate my credits and clubs to a friend.  How do I do that?

Short answer: You cant!

Way to give everything away, sell all your equips at a HUGH discount, have a MP round with your freind, get reamed a bit more with some more taxes (BTW your friend has to have the money to do this as well to match what you trying to give them) and well lose to them. "Poof" all your credits and equips are gone.

Now what I want to know is this, this friend isnt a person that joined in say well the last few days I hope as this would be a strong signal that you have created a new account and have just wanted to start over lol, and would be so wrong.

Now if you need just a break may I suggest just leaving and relaxing, with your equips you have they arnt going anywhere and I dont belive credits go bad so just leave and if you choose come back periodicaly its the great part of this game.

Good luck!

Mes.

• spitlist
    119 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 4:48 PM

Mesmorizer:

spitlist:

Short answer: You cant!

Way to give everything away, sell all your equips at a HUGH discount, have a MP round with your freind, get reamed a bit more with some more taxes (BTW your friend has to have the money to do this as well to match what you trying to give them) and well lose to them. "Poof" all your credits and equips are gone.

Now what I want to know is this, this friend isnt a person that joined in say well the last few days I hope as this would be a strong signal that you have created a new account and have just wanted to start over lol, and would be so wrong.

Now if you need just a break may I suggest just leaving and relaxing, with your equips you have they arnt going anywhere and I dont belive credits go bad so just leave and if you choose come back periodicaly its the great part of this game.

Good luck!

Mes.

No I am not one of those sandbaggers who decided to start over in order to get back to a lower tier to tee off from shorter tees.  I have realized the "Peter Principle" and have reached a point where I am not getting any better and the game has become no longer fun.  Instead of wasting any more time on a pointless endeavor, I am just quitting so I can spend my time on more fruitful activities.

I have had people gift me things in the past so I would like to do that with all my stuff before leaving.  If it can't be done, then how did I get balls given to me by another player?  And surely the almost 33,000 credits I have built up are worth something and should be able to be transferred.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:22 PM

spitlist:
    I have had people gift me things in the past so I would like to do that with all my stuff before leaving.  If it can't be done, then how did I get balls given to me by another player?  And surely the almost 33,000 credits I have built up are worth something and should be able to be transferred.

You can sell your clubs to wgt for 25% of their purchase price. You can't do anything with the balls you already have. As for the credits, you can use them to buy gifts in the pro shop for other people, but the only way to gift the actual credits is to either intentionally lose or forfeit (the faster way) them in challenge matches. As for the "taxes", blitz challenge is by far the cheapest route, since it only costs 10 cr for up 999 cr amount and 50 cr for up to 2000 cr amount. However, the person you're gifting them to needs the minimum of 30 cr to start the first "win" (25cr minimum amount + 5cr charge). Once you get him to 2000, you can start playing for the 2000 max.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:55 PM

I run a freeroll program through East Coast CC where I take donations from members and nonmembers of the club and use those donations to help up-and-coming players earn credits towards clubs.  Check my profile blog out for details but maybe this would be a cause worthy of your credits?  We can transfer through blitz challenge forfeit if you are serious about getting rid of them.

Let me know.

Thanks

Cycle1979

• spitlist
    119 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:07 PM

cycle1979:

I run a freeroll program through East Coast CC where I take donations from members and nonmembers of the club and use those donations to help up-and-coming players earn credits towards clubs.  Check my profile blog out for details but maybe this would be a cause worthy of your credits?  We can transfer through blitz challenge forfeit if you are serious about getting rid of them.

Let me know.

Thanks

Cycle1979

I'm not even sure this "Blitz Challenge" scheme will even work, since I live in a state that prohibits on line gambling and WGT blocks anything that is considered as such.

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:12 PM

Spit, if you can not wager the only thing to do is sell your clubs back to wgt and gift your credits away in the form of balls and clubs to others. Hang in there, give it a rest. Maybe you will fill differently in a month or so. God Bless. 

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:33 AM

Lonnie is right... just curious how you accumulated all those credits without wagering?  Nonetheless... I do have an option to donate to the freeroll program if you are interested.  Add me and I'll shoot you my proposal via private message.

Cycle

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 7:00 AM

u can use em up sending gifts...load ya frend up on BALLS...

83 friends on ya list...i'm sure some would appreciate a sleeve..

i don't wager ???  ..and have had more than that...SURVEY CITY ..loads my KITTY..:)

peace...

ps.  save ya some ..just take some time off ... chill come back an just play for fun to pass a rainy day... il never be one THEM super shooter's ...4 dang sure... but there is alot of FUNN to be had here just playin with cool ppl ..and laffin at the goofy shots... 

whether u shoot a 59 or a 89 ...so what ???  ya dog,, ya kid,, ya GF .. tru friends.. will still love ya... life is alot more than a golf AVG.. 

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 11:34 AM

Spit  IMO only most that say they are going to give up WGT end up coming back, ( damn game is addictive). I've felt the way you do on more than one occasion. I suggest you leave for say a month, and if you still feel the same way then you know you are making the right decision. How you get rid of everything has been covered . Good luck. 

RSS