Help › Forums

Re: Hi there

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:33 AM (4 replies)
  • Rumbelow
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:45 AM

Just started on the weekend.

Find it very similar to Tiger Woods on PS, which I played while back. really like it so far. Just getting to work out what the heck I am doing as far as credits and pro shop etc, but will get there.

So far all the players I have played against have been very accommodating and helpful.

Thanks guys and gals.

see you around the courses some time.

DR

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:23 AM

welcome!

-wgticon

• Precision420
    188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:27 AM

Rumbelow:

Find it very similar to Tiger Woods on PS, which I played while back. really like it so far. 

What it really reminds me of is the last realistic run of golf games back in the day: PGA Tour.  Not Tiger Woods' PGA Tour - it's predecessor.  

EASports PGA Tour 93, 94, 95, 96 - these games were absolutely fantastic.  They were the last run of realistic golf simulations before this game.  Yeah, we had a huge gap in between.

I used to sit and play those games on the Sega Genesis for hours upon hours.  Breaking par on those games was also a huge challenge that took a lot of practice.  

Welcome to the community and see you out on the links :-)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:21 PM

Welcome DR, it is a great game and does take some time to adjust. Read the FAQ and search the forums for tips. Most players are helpful to help the new players.

Worth working out the credits so you can upgrade the virtual equipment - this makes a huge difference.

Most important is just to continue to enjoy.

• MulliganPatty
    885 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:33 AM

I, too, enjoy playing PGA 2000 - IMO one of the best computer golf games available - or no longer available unless you can find them.  I still have it on my computer and still play it with my husband.  Where WGT has an advantage is the challenge of "live" players and "live" conversation.  That is what makes this game so much fun.  I also have a disk of additional golf courses made by other players met during league play in a PGA golf site - which I can no longer find.  Does anyone else know of this bygone era?  And is it still functioning?

Golf is still the best game available.

Mulligan Patty

RSS