Forums

Help › Forums

Re: You're doin' just fine !

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:17 PM (8 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:49 AM

When I see guys with 60, 59, 58, 56 ... and even 52 handicap, all I can think of is :  "I want to be that good !" ... So, every time I start a ranked stroke game with the expectations of lowering my humble 63+, I simply know that I have to be even better than how I am currently.  In any 9 hole stroke one has to make at least 6 birdies and 3 pars to move a little down.  I think I just reached that point that makes the difference between good players and the gifted ones.  Like in every sport, art, science and human activity, this game requires knowledge, practice, gear and talent.  Since I have played with really talented players I can tell that I might not be one of them; but it's ok (tears - ha ha) ... I think that most of us should be more than happy with a 62 - 68 handicap, which is unreachable for most in real life golfing, and if suddenly your game improves from there, it might be due to two things :  1.  Your one, two, or three years of constant practice finally brings results or 2.  You are simply gifted.

Bottom line (for fun) I won't feel like a donkey ever again when I have a bad day on the field !

Cheers !  AJ - Quijotazo

• SilentOmegaWolf
    349 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 12:21 PM

very sound advice...I'll go wild if I can ever get down below 60 lol

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:24 PM

So ... when you see a player profile with these numbers, remember that it is gonna take long before you get any close to that ... great performance takes lots of practice and lots of that thing that no one can prepare for .....  ;)

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:38 PM

That's not a donkey that's  a jackass. nah, sorry I guess they are the same thing. lol

I just wanted an excuse to say jackass I guess.

• SilentOmegaWolf
    349 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:00 PM

Quijotazo:

So ... when you see a player profile with these numbers, remember that it is gonna take long before you get any close to that ... great performance takes lots of practice and lots of that thing that no one can prepare for .....  ;)

lol I've seen that profile...

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 3:43 PM

Mr Q Sir .  After all the Fun you give  to WGT , The forums , Your friends , 

You Sir do not need to have that kind of AVG  score .

You Sir are a Winner !

OPY

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:25 PM

opyeuclid:

You Sir do not need to have that kind of AVG  score .

You Sir are a Winner !

OPY

I don't think anyone could put it any better than this.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,571 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:55 PM

I think u may have reached a plateau, upon which u must settle awhile, and wait for divine inspiration to take u even higher in the skill level.

To some that may never come, but I pray it comes to me, one day. I have had glimpses of that oasis, but not often enough.

Good Luck Quijo

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:17 PM

PUHOLINO:

opyeuclid:

You Sir do not need to have that kind of AVG  score . You Sir are a Winner ! OPY

I don't think anyone could put it any better than this.

Thank you fellas ! ... And I would say exactly the same about you both gentlemen, and a few more good rascals I like to call my WGT Friends  ;)

RSS