Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Disconnects

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 26 2012 1:57 PM (4 replies)
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 5:57 AM

I just lost credits in a challenge because of disconnect.  I was able to type in chat so I thought friend was disc'd but I guess that doesn't tell you.  Is there a definitive way to tell which player is disconnected?

He invited me to another game and I asked him to forfeit my credits back and start fresh.  HE LEFT !

• skydivr420
    4 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:22 AM

I have been unable to complete 4 stroke play matches in a row over the last couple hours. Opponents timer goes to zero, nothing happens, then I get error message says I was disconnected from WGT server, asks if I want to retry, said yes, then got message says there was a problem with the game please close window and try again.  Closed window, reopened, was able to continue couple times till it happened again, eventually got message on all 4 matches that neither myself or my opponent were able to continue and match was forfeited.  Wondered if it was my internet but am thinking this is a WGT server issue?  Sucks about your credits, they should refund if it's a problem on their end, seeing your post leads me to believe it may be and I am not the only one experiencing disconnect problems.

• JAFO12
    2,105 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2012 8:08 AM

post his name so we dont play him!!!

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 1:36 PM

Yes they’ll probably give your credits back if you ask. Until the ‘disconnect problems’ are fixed though; suggest to save a screenshot at the beginning and end of any match you play so you have proof. Imagine there’s a lot of unhappy campers since they introduced the ‘completion % feature’ which appears to have inadvertently created the current disconnect problems? Wonder if it will ever be fixed? Had someone disconnect on me and it was just a Practice 2-player round but my completion % still went down except they don’t count Practice rounds. :) Even if you get a Hole-in-One on a Practice round, it is not saved or recorded on your profile or stats; so I can sympathize with your disconnect issues.

While the completion % feature had good intentions, it appears to have backfired because I’ve seen so many members with really low percentages; it seems to have proven that many, if not most players have little regard for the courtesy of completing rounds with others? So unless you already know trustworthy members who do complete their rounds and/or at least use the ‘Suggest To Drop Game’ option if they want to quit a round; then it’s almost a certainty now that someone is going to disconnect? Hope things improve soon but perhaps it’s best that they just get rid of the completion % feature once the disconnect problems are fixed? There could be a million reasons why people disconnect but we shouldn’t be penalized for the disregard of others. Thankfully, WGT gave us the Blocking feature and that alone made things a lot better. But perhaps they could take the block feature a step farther and make it so that blocked players cannot even interrupt your searches and that should be adequate for everyone and therefore no use for a completion % feature?

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 1:57 PM

"Wabutu"  I gave him 24 hours to respond and didn't get anything.  I also posted this on his wall. 

You are apparently a person with no sense of fair play. I am removing you as a friend and posting your name in the Forum.

RSS