Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 90 second timer clock

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 26 2012 10:20 PM (4 replies)
  • jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:47 AM

Every morning, myself (I'm a TM) and 2 of my friends, that are both Legends go out and look for the fourth player to play alt shot.

I am 76 yrs old, only one eye and severe macular degeneration in the other, in fact i play at times using a magnifier - one of my partners has severe arthritic hands - there are times when we have to use the full 90 sec, maybe on 25% of the shots.. I'm amazed of those that complain . .  when they sign on its states the timer length of the shots, if they don't want that than don't sign on.

Another thing we've noticed are the number of players who refuse to acknowledge a good shot, or a thank you, or when asked acknowledge what state, city or country they are in.

What happened to friendly, meet new friends etc?

• ZanRod
    40 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:59 AM

Well i wouldn't have a problem with the time you take for a shot but there are indeed quite a lot of guys getting annoyed if you take to long.

and it happens also quite a lot that there are guys that seem to be mute or something :) Most of the time it is only one tho, so that ain't to bad.

• jocko63
    33 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 12:06 PM

unfortuntly you have those types of people everywre,, even on a real course,if you wnant 90 second then thats wht you play,, they shoudnt play ....

• genegold2
    1,302 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 5:32 PM

on AS you can join a game with and option to the timer you prefer. Too many players seem to be to lazy to select the option and will come into lobby and see the timer displayed and decline. I am 70 in good health, thank GOD, but I only play 90 sec games in AS and I do talk a lot during the games. Whenever you are looking for a player for AS I'll be willing anytime, but will warn you I am not in your league, I will enjoy playing with anyone anytime I am in WGT, which is a lot.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2012 10:20 PM

jiggsie:
    I'm amazed of those that complain . .  when they sign on its states the timer length

Just ignore those guys, or let them know politely the timer was stated in the lobby, dont let them stress you over it.

jiggsie:
    the number of players who refuse to acknowledge a good shot, or a thank you, or when asked acknowledge what state, city or country they are in.

Again, ignore them.

I will still acknowledge their GS, NB etc, eventually they will acknowledge one.

Also, I find if you ask them a bit early where they are from etc, yu may not get a response.

Best way I find it to state where you are from FIRST.

"Hi Shrude here from Sydney Australia, where you all from?"

RSS