Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Incorrect Average

Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:28 AM (6 replies)
  • puttersman
    240 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:37 PM

Before starting my last stroke play game this morning, my average was 67.72 . I managed to shoot one under  today, which I haven't done in a long time due to a stroke that paralized my right hand. My new average is now 67.88. I am very disappointed, how can the be right.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:02 PM

Shooting a 69 on a par 70 course is higher than your current average so if you haven't hit the ranked game saturation for your tier then your average will rise.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:18 PM

puttersman:

Before starting my last stroke play game this morning, my average was 67.72 . I managed to shoot one under  today, which I haven't done in a long time due to a stroke that paralized my right hand. My new average is now 67.88. I am very disappointed, how can the be right.

I hope you realized your blunder by now, but in case you haven't, it's 67,68, not 67,88, so it dropped like it was supposed, since your avg reached the point of saturation a long time ago. Don't feel bad, we all misread things once in a while.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:22 PM

Ah.... Thx Puholino, I didn't look at his profile.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:00 AM

You are absolutely correct. I looked above ( play now ) where the printing is much smaller, I looked again after your reply, and now know it did go down what I expected it should. Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways. My lowest score I've shot since I began is 63, that was before my stroke. I hope to get back to shooting a few more rounds under 70. Thanks again.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:07 AM

puttersman:
    I hope to get back to shooting a few more rounds under 70. Thanks again.

I wish you lots of birdies in the future. Just don't shoot too many eagles, I think they're an endangered species.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:28 AM

puttersman:

You are absolutely correct. I looked above ( play now ) where the printing is much smaller, I looked again after your reply, and now know it did go down what I expected it should. Thank you for pointing out the error of my ways. My lowest score I've shot since I began is 63, that was before my stroke. I hope to get back to shooting a few more rounds under 70. Thanks again.

Good luck, good health and a speedy recovery to you.

RSS