Help › Forums

Re: The round of my life and this happens - do something WGT

Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:49 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:44 AM

Hi

The timer checks on last possible shot of the game. The tournaments have hard deadlines.

That's done to keep things consistent and on time, cause otherwise, what if someone starts a round and does not finish it for a day or two or a week?

I know you had a great round, but next time it will be better :)

-wgticon

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:51 AM

andyson:

alcaucin:

You didn't have enough power for a 5ft putt and you missed the ding by a mile.

Andy

Someone needs new glasses.

Why would that be ?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:28 AM

WGTicon:
    The timer checks on last possible shot of the game. The tournaments have hard deadlines.
    Wowereit! (= "and it is good as it is" (quoting Klaus Wowereit, the major of Berlin))

Plus, in a CC tourney you see (or have the opportunity to do so) the time left (starting from the game client) or the clock deadline (starting from the CC tourney page) before hitting the play button.

Be aware!

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:49 AM

WGTicon - might you be able to respond to my suggestion? Obviously the round has to have a hard deadline for inclusion in the tournament, so it can be settled in a timely fashion. But why not let the round complete and count as a normal ranked round? This surely would not be hard to program, and would allay a lot of frustration. Thanks.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 9:54 AM

alcaucin:

andyson:

alcaucin:

You didn't have enough power for a 5ft putt and you missed the ding by a mile.

Andy

Someone needs new glasses.

Why would that be ?

You still don't see it?   It was a

2.2 ft Putt!

Look again at the pic!  And he hit it with about 3 ft of power.  More that enough on Tournament greens..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:01 AM

His complaint was right in the middle of his picture and that 2.2 would be the return, anyway, after he missed his 5 footer. He wasn't complaining about the putt, just the notice that he didn't finish in time.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:18 AM

andyson:

You still don't see it?   It was a

2.2 ft Putt!

Look again at the pic! 

Just presumed the OP had been accurate with the initial yardage....And IF he had been, my original analysis of the putt was correct......Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:31 AM

YankeeJim:
    and that 2.2 would be the return, anyway, after he missed his 5 footer.

Looks like we were both 'barking up the wrong tree', reading the text in it's proper tense might've helped. I think the clue was in the word 'missed' (past tense).

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:49 PM

As hacked off as I am about that timer killing my round - never had 2 eagles before in one round - imagine how pi$$ed I'd be had I made that putt.

WGT  Let the timer disqualify you from the competition , but please let it stand as a ranked round in the score history

• PAGES
RSS