Forums

Help › Forums

Re: paying for equipment

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:07 PM (9 replies)
  • tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:50 AM

Any Masters want to play a ranked game playing with WTG beginner equipment? I have a feeling most Masters spent alot of money to get where they are at. Let's see how you do against someone that is unemployed, living under a cardboard box and has no cash for better clubs. I am calling you all out. You know who you are, the people that can't  shoot without top of the line gear!

tdexpress.

I will always be up for an invite.

• TarheelsRule
    5,551 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:08 PM

No job, living under a cardboard box but still have a computer and an internet connection.  I'm using starter clubs now to practice for the tourney that we are having.  One thing you might realize is that you can't invite a master to play you in any format except practice which will not put them on the master tees.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:13 PM

Unemployed, no cash, living under a box, but the box is hooked up to a fiber optic cable line?  I would be up to the challenge, been a while since playing from those distances that you are all to fimiliar with by now.  If you are down for 9 holes on Oakmont from the master tees with starter clubs, I can accomodate you.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:16 PM

The masters would be disadvantaged as they have to shoot from the tips. Some fairways are just impossible to reach with a starter driver. They should at least be able to keep a driver that covers that extra distance. For the rest, all starter equipment.

Rob

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:16 PM
    by your way of thinking td should one slay a dragon with a toothpick? just puttin it out there. JB
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:21 PM

Ah but TD might be online from a terminal in a public library... and he brings the cardboard box with him to put over his head, much to the chagrin of the librarians.  The real question is why is he spending time online playing silly golf games and not job hunting? 

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:35 PM

Any Masters want to play a ranked game playing with WTG beginner equipment? I have a feeling most Masters spent alot of money to get where they are at. Let's see how you do against someone that is unemployed, living under a cardboard box and has no cash for better clubs. I am calling you all out. You know who you are, the people that can't  shoot without top of the line gear!

tdexpress.

I will always be up for an invite.

Shoe fly your bothering me see

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:16 PM

guys, TD is actually a pretty nice guy, took him up on his offer, curteous player, no BS, he was just throwing that out as a fun challenge, but like many things it was lost in text translation.  Actually said to me he hopes he didn't piss anyone off by it.  I would play with him again, nice guy.

But, even after a first hole hiccup and taking a little while to warm up to the clubs and really SLOOOOWWWWW meter, and playing match play instead of stroke play, both using starter equipment and balls:

[View:http://wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:300:300]

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:36 PM

Thanks for the game. I really don't live under cardboard. Interstate bridges are better!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:07 PM

neildiamond11790:

[View:http://wgt.com/themes/wgt/utility/:300:300]

ftfy

RSS