Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New player from the beautiful State of Oregon

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:49 AM (5 replies)
  • EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:37 PM

Just started playing WGT about a month ago.  I live in the Cascade mounains of Northern Oregon. 59, retired and loving it.

I enjoy it alot but actually fear playing too often (out of a fear of advancing too much before I can watch enough silly videos to afford anything better as far as clubs and balls go). When I learned that could play as a guest to practice that helped my game alot. As well there are many folks here who share good advice on the forums. Even got my wfe to try a few games :) 

This week in the free multi-round tourney I shot my first and then second under par rounds at Kiawah Island (one under par on both but under par no less). I cannot believe that I did no choke on the back  lke I did last week.

I guess I am still wondering a few things (best time to upgrade clubs with minimal ability to earn credits) and what the benefits of a Country Club are.

Looks like there really are some dedicated players here and it makes me feel good when they answer my silly questions.

Easy Ed (to my friends) 

Easy Edward to WGT as someone already had EasyEd 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 2:37 PM

Welcome Ed,

Upgrades are a hard question and require you to decide when it's right fro you. Country clubs are a great way to meet friends and to compete.

-wgticon

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:06 PM

No silly questions,  you will always get an answer . Silly not to ask :)    Country Clubs are  the best to learn and ask  anything you want about this game  .    There i have learn  what to get for equipement  ,how to use  pitch,chip,flop,and punch shots ....... Good luck .                       Frapp

• EasyEdward
    13,507 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:20 PM

Thanks GTicon and Frapp. 

A question, if I may. It seems like most Country Clubs have lots of really good players. How does one go about findng the "right" Country Club where he more experienced are ideed helpfull and patient.  Oh I guess 2 questions: If  one discovers a CC is not right for you - can you leave and join another? 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:59 PM

Welcome to the game Easy. You have posted some very good score so far.

As for clubs, they do make a big difference - accuracy, forgiveness and distance. However as you progress tiers in the game, I personally think your first set should be good enough to take you to Master before you need to upgrade again. Clubs in the 30-40 level will usually do this. Ask again for advice in the forums to get a balanced feedback.

Country Clubs are great, you can make good friends and CC members often will give you help with your game, and a good CC will always have comps to play (and as a member you should participate where possible).

Finally there are no silly questions. Sadly the search button has been disabled, but scroll through the forums and you will discover a wealth of information that will help.

Alan

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:49 AM

EasyEdward:
    If  one discovers a CC is not right for you - can you leave and join another? 

You can join and leave as many CCs as you want till you find the right one..gl

Andy

RSS