Forums

Help › Forums

Re: S.O.S. 911 can someone help please?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 18 2013 8:50 PM (7 replies)
  • judastgoat
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2013 3:23 PM

Hello all:  I just signed up and attempted to play, I will master it eventually.  However, I am writing in the hopes of some guidance andi input on how to find the actual WGT video cabinet, the kind you find in sports bars and taverns.  I have called vendors, distributors,EA sports, Global VR and no success.  In fact the only place I saw and played a new cabinet was at the BW 3 in the north end of Myrtle Beach.,SC last September. The common thread here is that the courses offered on this play online, are the exact same courses that EA sports---PGA tour challenge has, so there has to be some connection.  I am assuming there has to be cabinets with this game since the courses are the same as the old games   Can anyone point me in the righ direction???

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:23 AM

HI

That's an interesting question. I am not aware of any though. I just bring my laptop along:)

-wgticon

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:51 AM

Judas, I think you're assuming that WGT is some form of gaming console game, but it is not. It exists only online -- everything is on WGT's server, so it's like cloud computing.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:53 AM

Seeing as EA is affiliated with Tiger, i don't see a possible connection. I play Golden Tee while out :-).

• judastgoat
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 9:58 AM

Well, now they have those flat screens, usb or rca jack friendly, where u can hook it up and play on the larger flat screen.  Assuming u r a golf gamer like us, whether its golden tee 2013 or the pga tour challenge on ea sports/global vr, golf and beer just make for a wonderful day, with driver or taxi outside waiting.  Maybe we can spread the word out from here, as again, these courses I am now playing, are the exact courses on the EA/pga.  There was supposed to be a video cabinet out with Tiger's logos on it, which was supposed to have Augusta, Crooked Stick, etc., courses, but when he and the wife went Clubbing, that went out the window, so to speak.  Maybe the folks here at WTG could devise a cabinet for the sports bars??  You would make a killing.  All u need is the software program, which u guys probably already have, after all we are playing it here??  All u would need to do is get cabinets/consoles---even old pac man, galaga, any cabinet and just convert/drop the program in and away we go. What I play here and play in myrtle beach, make golden tee look like playing with plastic clubs.  Maybe we can start a movement??

• judastgoat
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:06 AM

Oh no, not at all, my premise for this---and I have a reply pending to a previous member now,  is that WGT had to acquire these courses, program, software, etc., from somewhere or someplace, right??? After all, the EA/pga tour challenge, which had all the courses we are playing here online, came out around 2000-2003 or so.  I have talked with techs at EA, who made guts, and global VR, in cali, who made the cabinets, their first mistake.  Anyway I mention to ur post only because the WGT courses are not new, far from it.  And any program here can be dropped into an accomodating cabinet and the profits are staggering, maybe we can start an expansion movement.

• judastgoat
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 10:13 AM

Hi Samantha, it was---past tense.  Tiger had a good endorsement in the works with them, before EA/Global VR had a tiff and parted ways.  Once Tiger and the wife went Clubbing, well that was that. .  EA had these courses here way before this new toy came to us golf addicts.  These courses/cabinets used to be everywhere.  Now, my friend and I, having the luxury of being "retired", take road trips just looking for golf machines, cold beer and isolated location to play for hours on end.  Yes, we have to settle for golden tee, its the only game in town so we play with it, but once we found that EA in myrtle beach, we drove almost an hour, one way, three days straight, just to play it.  Plus, they had Fat Tire on draft, so we were home. 

• snowgoats
    61 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2013 8:50 PM

Your shilling for EA Sports is TOO SUBTLE

RSS