Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New to the virtual game.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 18 2013 8:02 AM (6 replies)
  • wrapatwoiron
    1 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 5:26 AM

Hi everyone; need suggestions on putting. it seems that I hit too hard every time!!! Thanks in advance for any help. Wrap

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:24 AM

hi:)

please give this guide a read. It should help with distance control. there are few more available in the game tips forum.

-wgticon

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:02 AM

The best tip I can give has to do with the elevation. every inch either up or down = 1 foot in distance. So if you have a 10 ft put  up 2 inches treat it like a 12 ft putt.

try a fairly flat green like St Andrews #1 and see how far your putter goes on a flat surface at maximum. After that you can break down the putt distances by breaking down the meter into increments.

You can always try the  putter pal  available from the pro shop to help with the increments until you get used to the spot on the meter for the increments

Figuring the break is more on experience but your question seemed to be about distance

good luck

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:07 AM

In addition, look at the green speeds (upper right corner of game window). With standard = 100% of the scale, it's 10% less for "slow" and mostly 10% more for each faster speed.

Changes with tiers involved.

• jeepie411
    3,197 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:37 AM

alosso:

In addition, look at the green speeds (upper right corner of game window). With standard = 100% of the scale, it's 10% less for "slow" and mostly 10% more for each faster speed.

Changes with tiers involved.

slow greens.................divide by 0.9

standard.......................none needed

fast................................divide by 1.1

very fast.........................divide by 1.2

tournament...................divide by 1.3

championship..............divide by 1.4

this is what I use

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:48 AM

You left one out Jeepie. :-)