Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fringe putts not moving

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 7 2010 12:34 PM (1 replies)
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 12:12 PM

I know this has been spoken about in other threads but as it's still happening obviously no-one is listening and nothing is being done

Now, normally I always use my 64 wedge from the fringe but since the use of tournament greens I thought it may be better to putt on closer shots

Was I ever wrong!!!!

It has ruined two tournament rounds, as every putt I tried, even if I was barely on the fringe, never moved.  To me this is a MAJOR problem that needs to be dealt with straight away

It's not as if it only happened odd times, it happened on every putt I tried from the fringe, even once when I tried hitting it twice as hard as necessary, no movement

The thing is with the faster greens and pins close to the edge you are going to have quite a few just roll onto the edge of the green and if you can't putt it's a severe handicap

Can this problem please be rectified.  It happened to me on Kiawah, BPB and St Andrews.  It hasn't happened anywhere else because I haven't done it anywhere else and I won't be trying it again anywhere.  I will go back to my wedge until I know the problem is fixed

Mick

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 12:34 PM

That is by far the biggest deficiency in this game.

I'm not quite sure how that even comes close to the "real thing".   It's a putt from the fringe, not from 50-60 rough, FHS.

RSS