Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Loading and freezing games

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:55 PM (4 replies)
  • navylarry
    196 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 7:38 PM

I want to know when WGT is going to fix this issue???

I have lost more games due to this and am very tired of being told there has been a problem and WGT apologizes for it..It does not help my game...

Then when I sign back in I am told I quit the last game and do I want to forfeit it?? Sick of that too

Oh yes and the excuse of my computer needing to clear my cache is BS...I also have the latest adobe...i have turned off my popup blocker..

Face it..as much as I like this game..it is getting old not being able to finish..

• cappy123
    39 Posts
    Wed, Jul 7 2010 10:17 PM

yup thats the jest of it, they just want the money bro at least they answer your emails ive sent hundreds they dont do crap here except find ways to amke you more pissed there from frisco so that should explain it haha cant wait for someone to out design them

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jul 8 2010 5:48 AM

Hi Larry,

You say that you have the latest adobe flash?  There are documented issues with the latest version and some video card drivers.  Do a search for "Flash 10.1" in the forums, you will find instruction on how to check compatibility, roll back the version, and some other useful info.  There is also a "leatrix latency fix" that seems to have helped some people, sounds like it may be up your alley based on your report of freezing and loading issues.

Hope this helps!

• navylarry
    196 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:25 PM

Sorry..I should have said I got the latest version from WGT itself. Your statement says that WGT is putting out bad versions. No matter what it is still WGT and their problem not me...they need to get into the blogs and fix what they are sending out then.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 10 2010 4:55 PM

Hi larry,

The Flash application is not provided by WGT.  It's provided and created by Adobe.  Flash is the platform that the game operates on just like Windows is the platform that your web browser or other PC programs operate on.

If you are using the latest version of Adobe Flash, then you may consider rolling back to the 10.0 release instead of using 10.1 as Lee suggested.  Due to increasing video card technology the latest Flash release does not support all older video cards.  Those with older video cards or no video cards have reported more issues with 10.1 then they have with 10.0, so that would be my first recommendation.  Since the Flash program is written by Adobe it's not something we can control or change for you.

The caches store game settings & files on your PC while you play.  It does this so the server does not have to be contacted every time your PC needs to display the next picture to play your next shot.  Instead it just pulls the file or picture from your cache to save time. Your cache should be cleared every so often because those files become out-of-date over time.  We are still building the game and we make regular changes to the game's files.  If you are operating with out-of-date files you automatically increase your chance for error.  Your cache should be cleared every time we release a product update and we announce those in the NEWS section.

If you disconnect during a round you will always be asked to resume or forfeit the round.  We give all players a chance to resume their round rather than simply cutting them off if they disconnected accidentally.  If you don't disconnect during a round then you won't be asked to resume/forfeit it.

You'll want to check out our Optimizing Your WGT Experience post to check your system against our minimum requirements.   There are also a few things that you can do regularly to ensure you're getting the best performance from your machine.  You can check out the performance tips on my profile (just click my name) to help improve your performance as well, such as setting your graphics quality to LOW.  There are some PC's that will not  be powerful enough to run this game perfectly and those folks will need to do whatever they can to help themselves.

RSS