Forums

Help › Forums

Re: calloway balls

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:12 AM (6 replies)
  • duffer7457
    2 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:07 PM

I had a Callaway Tour i(z) Slow Meter Ball (L34+) taken out of play after just a few rounds when it says it has unlimited durability.

Why??

Thanks Tom

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:12 PM

duffer7457:

I had a Callaway Tour i(z) Slow Meter Ball (L34+) taken out of play after just a few rounds when it says it has unlimited durability.

Why??

Thanks Tom

All the paid for balls have a limited life. It's one of the ways the game is paid for.

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:30 PM

duffer7457:

Why??

Thanks Tom

This is what it says about the balls you have.Copied directly from the Callaway Tour i(z) purchase page in the pro shop.

The Callaway Tour i(z) provides a significantly slower WGT swing meter, making it easier to hit more perfect shots. In addition, these upgraded Callaway Tour balls provide more distance and durability.

Notice is says more durability not unlimited durability. No where does it say unlimited durability. As Courteney said all balls that you buy in the pro shop have a set durability rating. I don't know what you read but it was not about this ball.

• karedak
    1,049 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:36 PM

i tried new taylormade balls 3x 9 hole alt games ball and ran out of hits hell wgt legend balls last longer last time i buy them anyone else tried them

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:47 PM

karedak:
    last time i buy them

They weren't really intended for you to buy and use, I would guess. Level 7 availability says WGT is catering to the players that used to have to wait until Level 33 to get a premium ball.

• karedak
    1,049 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:51 PM

intended or not for me to buy whoever buys them they should last as long as callies at same price just saying but know what your saying YJ

• duffer7457
    2 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:12 AM

I was reading it wrong, thanks. So when you're just playing a few rounds by yourself you should probably just use the starter balls but the flip side of that is that it's more difficult and your score reflects that.

RSS