Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Been here a while, read all the complaints......and my honest opinion

Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:43 PM (6 replies)
  • Proruff
    94 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 8:10 PM

I'm Proruff,

Been through hell and back again with this game.

At first, I played all by my lonesome.  All the courses. I didn't even know that I was playing ranked games.......for months......

Then got invited to play a match play game and for the first time I was actually playing against someone else........I lost, but I saw potential in what kind of fun this could be.

I made Pro, and when the chance to win a prize via a forum post came up, I made my first post and was awarded an upgraded driver to the starter ( i might have been about level 60 or so).  When my average dropped drastically as a result of the new equipment, I figured out how to join games and do surveys and watch videos to see just how good I could get at this game.  I've actually aced a hole (Kiawah #14....in my replays if you're interested.....I'm pretty proud of it).  My heart didn't stop racing for a week.

Now I've got (IMHO) decent gear, and try to get games in when I can (usually from hotel rooms......lousy wifi and all).  I've never had to deal with different browsers or Flash versions, it just plays on my laptop just fine (Lenovo T410 WinXP using Firefox 20.0.1 with Flash version whatever, don't flush caches or worry about what's running in the background.  I got my first meter stutter in, um, February(?), and had about 4 since.

With the talk of VEM and how if you REALLY know the game then you know when the shot you just made results in something that doesn't make sense, I just shrug my shoulders and remember the time my cousin (a decent golfer) teed off on the first and shanked one off his shin and he rolled around the box screaming "AGONY, AGONY.....".   Was that VEM in real life?

In short, I can conclude by saying that when all is said and done with me:

THIS GAME IS A HOOT!!!!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 9:02 PM

Proruff:
    THIS GAME IS A HOOT!!!!

Right on!!

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 9:36 PM

Wish more on this site  had your attitude. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 10:23 PM

Hi Proruff, funny I had a similar start, just playing by myself, I had no idea of whether they were ranked or not, no idea there was a forum, in a nutshell I had no idea period. My game sucked and then slowly improved, now I have completed the full cycle!

The first time I got a "friends invite" got me curious so finally opened a different page than the game client, and discovered that there was a whole world happy to play this great game.

I admire your attitude and I agree that despite the usual moaners about VEM etc this game is like the real thing where bo two shots are exactly the same nor are their outcomes.

Yes this game is a hoot, and it is often that way because of players like you!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 10:28 PM

Proruff:

I'm Proruff,

Been through hell and back again with this game.

At first, I played all by my lonesome.  All the courses. I didn't even know that I was playing ranked games.......for months......

Then got invited to play a match play game and for the first time I was actually playing against someone else........I lost, but I saw potential in what kind of fun this could be.

I made Pro, and when the chance to win a prize via a forum post came up, I made my first post and was awarded an upgraded driver to the starter ( i might have been about level 60 or so).  When my average dropped drastically as a result of the new equipment, I figured out how to join games and do surveys and watch videos to see just how good I could get at this game.  I've actually aced a hole (Kiawah #14....in my replays if you're interested.....I'm pretty proud of it).  My heart didn't stop racing for a week.

Now I've got (IMHO) decent gear, and try to get games in when I can (usually from hotel rooms......lousy wifi and all).  I've never had to deal with different browsers or Flash versions, it just plays on my laptop just fine (Lenovo T410 WinXP using Firefox 20.0.1 with Flash version whatever, don't flush caches or worry about what's running in the background.  I got my first meter stutter in, um, February(?), and had about 4 since.

With the talk of VEM and how if you REALLY know the game then you know when the shot you just made results in something that doesn't make sense, I just shrug my shoulders and remember the time my cousin (a decent golfer) teed off on the first and shanked one off his shin and he rolled around the box screaming "AGONY, AGONY.....".   Was that VEM in real life?

In short, I can conclude by saying that when all is said and done with me:

THIS GAME IS A HOOT!!!!

Carve it in stone!  my nickle.

• BMF5
    81 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 10:50 PM

I completely agree. This is by far my favorite game on the net. I try to keep up to speed in the forums as well, and find myself shaking my head and saying WTH is wrong with some of these people that complain so much. Not the kind of folks you want to spend Christmas dinner with, If you know what I mean:)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:43 PM

Agreed, when l first discovered this game l just used to play blitz, and got pretty good, made notes on certain clubs for certain holes in different winds.

Then l discovered multi player games, lt opened up a whole new world for me and thought what have l've been missing, now a member of a good CC, play regularly with other members, and got a good friend list, still get up early some days to play friends the other side of the world.

Now discovered Ready Go's and have won 4, many 2nd's and some good results, still have some WTF moments, now l just laugh them off and carry on. 

Happy swinging all.

p.s loving the new driver ;)

RSS