Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Disconnect vs Forfeit

Fri, Aug 2 2013 12:14 PM (6 replies)
  • StephenMayes
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2013 6:12 PM

Hi.

I've been on WGT for a couple of months now and I really enjoy it, but one thing irks me.  So many ppl disconnect when they seem to be losing.

Is there any advantage to this, over forfeiting from the menu, which is much less rude ?

Plz answert truthfully if u know.

• ArmeniaKidd
    99 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:19 AM

Sometimes people disconnect because they really do have internet connection problems whether their lossing or not. 

And then there are people who just dont want to continue playing because they're lossing.

I dont find any advantage over disconnecting rather then forfeiting. If they forfeit it is better because you do not need to wait that extra 3-5min for them to reconnect. 

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:28 AM

StephenMayes:
    Is there any advantage to this, over forfeiting from the menu

There is no advantage to them as to the final outcome of the match. If they disconnect and never return they still lose and it is still a forfeit.  If they forfeit from the menu they lose.

For you, obviously, if they disconnect you have to sit around and twiddle your thumbs for 2.5 - 5 minutes.

So like AK said they usually do it on purpose if they are losing just as a kind of payback, i guess, for you beating on them. Its just very poor sportsmanship. Then again, i am not sure they teach that anymore, everyone is so enamored with themselves taking pics of them selves with their iphones and posting status updates about every last detail of their lives on FB or wherever else, that they could careless about you.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:32 AM

if your opponent forfeits on his turn, there should be no waiting around, the time waiting only occurs if the player(s) disconnects at anytime!

ArmeniaKidd:

Sometimes people disconnect because they really do have internet connection problems whether their lossing or not. 

And then there are people who just dont want to continue playing because they're lossing.

I dont find any advantage over disconnecting rather then forfeiting. If they forfeit it is better because you do not need to wait that extra 3-5min for them to reconnect. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:39 AM

StephenMayes:

Is there any advantage to this, over forfeiting from the menu, which is much less rude ?

There might be one, if the disconnector comes back shortly before the time runs out. If his opponent is not present then, the quitter will "win" the match.

• ArmeniaKidd
    99 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2013 6:17 PM

andwhy67:

if your opponent forfeits on his turn, there should be no waiting around, the time waiting only occurs if the player(s) disconnects at anytime!

ArmeniaKidd:

That's what I said, if opponent forfeits, no waiting time.

• DRogers5864
    368 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2013 12:14 PM

I just started playing MP rounds yesterday and it seems disconnecting is normal... its not my connection but rather losing connection to the servers. my last game I couldn't reconnect and when it finally did it said the guy I was playing with and myself could not reconnect in time.. I guess the one that was losing so badly won that one?

RSS