Help › Forums

Re: I'm addicted

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 13 2013 7:20 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • juggss6
    121 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 11:21 AM

You'll eventually get frustrated with it.

Tiers: 

When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur. 
           When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro. 
           When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro 
           When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master 
           When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master 
           When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 
           When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend* 

and 

you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur 
           you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro 
           you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro 
           you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master 
           you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master 
           you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend 
           You need at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

• egonweber
    365 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 11:49 AM

juggss6:

You'll eventually get frustrated with it.

Tiers: 

When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur. 
           When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro. 
           When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro 
           When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master 
           When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master 
           When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 
           When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend* 

and 

you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur 
           you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro 
           you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro 
           you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master 
           you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master 
           you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend 
           You need at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

Thats just not the truth, i have seen a player, not allowed to name here, but he had only totally ranked rounds when he reached the legendtier at lvl61 many matchgames and blitz but only 50 ranked in his whole carrier since restart to the black tee, yes a restart because i have never seen a new player start with 29 on his very first 9-hole ranked round, like this dude have! He is here active player, lvl 61 legend avg 62.25 and 40 ranked rounds now.

Egon

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 12:02 PM

Hey, they're the basic rules, there are variations if you beat a higher tiered player in match-play, do well in ready goes and WGT tournaments or purposefully avoid tiering up.

• SpitfireIX
    27 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 12:47 PM

ndunnett:

I got on here to mess around with some buddies from another online gaming community, but now I can't stop playing. It's been two days and I'm level 28 pro. Any advice on how to convince myself to leave the computer to eat, sleep, etc?

Addicted to Golf
    To the tune of Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love"

You hit the draw
    Get up and down
    Your putter's gone to town
    You save from sand
    You stick a flop
    You've played 18, but you can't stop

You can't get on
    You can't get home
    You're mind's not in the zone
    Your wedge shanks
    Your putter yips
    You end up slicing from the tips

Chorus:
    You'd like to think you can get out of the rough
    Oh yeah
    It's closer to the truth to say you're gonna duff
    You know you're gonna have to face it
    YOU'RE ADDICTED TO GOLF
    You might as well face it, you're addicted to golf
    Might as well face it you're addicted golf
    You know you're gonna have to face it
    YOU'RE ADDICTED TO GOLF

You spray it left
    You spray it right
    It's in the trees, it's out of sight
    You take 6
    You're seeing red
    You hit your putter with your head

You don't come through
    Your swing's too steep
    There's no doubt, you're in deep
    You punch it out
    You sink your pitch
    That's net 2, sonofa*!

Chorus

Repeat first verse, Chorus, repeat and fade...
    (Stolen from here.)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 2:05 PM

If you have the tools and no self esteem at all, you can do what ever you want to on here. If you really enjoy golf and have any respect for the game at all, it takes a lot of rounds to figure this out. Otherwise you can be a Legend or a TL in no time at all. WGT does not care one way or the other, do you? Go make your mark, and your reputation.

• ndunnett
    10 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 4:05 PM

@ juggss6 - Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

renniw52 - I'm not really sure what you're getting at?

Another noob question, is there any benefit to joining a country club other than having an organised group of people to play with?

• PBaldwin
    108 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 4:28 PM

I know exactly which game you come from.  I lost tons of interest in it and have just been golfing like crazy now.  Not much racing for me anymore.

1.  The Callaways are great balls.  I got to Legend with the 250 credit spin balls and I upgraded to the Nike's once I hit Legend.  The clubs are the biggest improvement you will see in stopping power as you climb the levels.  Once you hit day 7 you get the 880xp bonus so make sure you keep it going to level up faster.  The levels start to get really long after level 70 or so.

2.  The putter is not going to make a huge difference, just slightly.  The biggest thing I found that helped me was to get a calculation down for each of the putting speeds to where I can 2 putt from nearly any spot.  3 putts are an absolute killer and you need to try to reduce them completely.  It will help to have a consistent putting speed as well as you will start to learn the breaks instead of constantly hitting through the break on some and not others.

• ndunnett
    10 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2013 7:20 PM

Pat, are you one of those guys who is ridiculously good at everything you try or is it just sim racing and golf? :P Thanks for the tips, I'll keep working at it. Some games I can 1 putt most holes with the odd 2 putt, other games I suck terribly and struggle to even 3 putt.

• PAGES
RSS