Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Suggestion: For New Courses

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:35 PM (8 replies)
  • falconhunter
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:59 PM

Okay I can't play worth s***, but I think I have some good ideas for at least 2 new courses.

1. "Haitis"- A course with small greens totally and completely surrounded with LARGE bunkers, waterways, etc.

2. "The Tetons"- A course that has small level areas next to the holes and as part of the greens, STEEP mounds surrounding the small level area. And/or a course that is all Ups and Downs; no level shots.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 9:54 AM

l got one!!

And this one with with tight dogleg fairways!

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2013 11:32 AM

falconhunter:

Okay I can't play worth s***, but I think I have some good ideas for at least 2 new courses.

1. "Haitis" ...

2. "The Tetons"...

Did you ever notice that all courses here are real courses, most of them produced from genuine photographs?

So, where on earth is Haitis, where is Tetons located?

• WildBillbakerhil
    80 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 11:08 AM

How about some more of the great British Open courses I.e., Turnberry, Muirfield, Carnoustie, Glen Eagles has three beautiful parkland courses. As far as I know the record for aggregate score on a par 4 hole was established at Glen Eagles' Prince's Course but four American tourists. The wind was from behind that day on the 300 odd yards hole and three of the drove the green, and one of them missed it to the left. The misser pitched it on and made a birdie, the other three all sank their putts for eagles and their aggregate score was 7 on a par 4 hole. You could add some more of the pro venues like Sawgrass, Doral, Jack's Muirfield. I personally would like to play 18 on Pebble Beach and some of the other courses limited to ccth tournaments. Just some thoughts. Don't know what the red tape would be.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 12:37 PM

Those are all excellent tracks, Wild Bill, however they should stand in line behind Pine Valley, Cypress Point, Southern Hills and, of course, Augusta National.

• WildBillbakerhil
    80 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 6:56 PM

I think there is room for all of them if they purchase enough bandwidth, which would also take care of their slow loading when the site is full.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 7:21 PM

If the 'W' in WGT is to mean anything then we need more courses from outside the US / UK.

How about some of these?

Morfontaine - France

Valderama - Spain

Catalunya - Spain

Kawana Hotel Golf Course - Japan

Casa de Campo - Dominican Republic

Barnbougle Lost Farm - Tasmania, Australia

Cape Kidnappers - New Zealand

Royal Melbourne - Australia

Just some ideas, but I expect the travel budget would forbid such endeavours, in which case perhaps a rebranding to US+GT? 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:10 PM

Chinajohn:

If the 'W' in WGT is to mean anything then we need more courses from outside the US / UK.

How about some of these?

Morfontaine - France

Valderama - Spain

Catalunya - Spain

Kawana Hotel Golf Course - Japan

Casa de Campo - Dominican Republic

Barnbougle Lost Farm - Tasmania, Australia

Cape Kidnappers - New Zealand

Royal Melbourne - Australia

Just some ideas, but I expect the travel budget would forbid such endeavours, in which case perhaps a rebranding to US+GT? 

Reference what WGT is all about..or continue your obtuse interference.

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Sep 11 2013 8:35 PM

MBaggese:

Reference what WGT is all about..or continue your obtuse interference.

Perhaps you may wish to look up the meaning of the word 'world' ?

I know for many Americans the world ends at the shores of continental N. America but I assure you that is not actually the case! 

RSS