Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My drives always find the sand, and or water? help

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 20 2013 3:36 PM (8 replies)
  • srbirdman
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2013 12:48 PM

Every drive I make seems to land in the sand traps, or if water is nearby boom right in I go. Help?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2013 1:14 PM

Me thinks that a lvl59 G20 driver may be too long for a Pro - you probably hit to more difficult parts of the course than you want or necessary. Think "percentages" and hit shorter where necessary to have broader landing zones.

One further hint for better play:

Get rid of those dreaded SWING wedges - at least install the Starters, or some decent custom wedges. This will eventually help you with the "too long drives".

Have fun!

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2013 1:29 PM

^^^

Gotta agree Alosso, wonder he made it to "Pro" with them. For $2.00, I highly recommend the pair of Snake Eye wedges. there are better available at his level, but, if money is a consideration, they still offer good bang for the buck, dropping the hybrid for a third wedge is also solid advice, just try to keep the yardages fairly evenly spaced. I also think you are dead on about that driver from pro tees, back it off, do some more course management, and "Tour Pro" is just around the corner. Hit 'em well.

Doc :)

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2013 3:02 PM

if .. the wind is to the right.....  >>>>    ..  stop  b4 the ding line

if the wind is to the left   , <<<<<<  stop after the ding line.... 

good luck.. :)_~~

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2013 4:16 PM

No offense, but, at level 74 you should be further along than you are. I suggest you go to practice rounds & use the mulligan option & figure it out. Also agree go buy some good wedges. 

• SafariMan62
    222 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2013 3:55 AM

Hewsey:
    No offense, but, at level 74 you should be further along than you are.

Have to disagree Hewsey. A lot of players have a really hard time either hitting the ding, or figuring distances & as a result, you are left with long putts or wedge shots that cost you bogeys or worse....

...Can be a tough game for many players.

And , as a PS, i played with a master the other day who said i should be a legend because i was level 91:)......and my best round is 63......a little short of legend status :)

Johnny

• borntobesting
    9,683 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2013 4:28 AM

Hewsey:

No offense, but, at level 74 you should be further along than you are. I suggest you go to practice rounds & use the mulligan option & figure it out. Also agree go buy some good wedges. 

actually it depends on how a player reached his level.Checking his activities you will find several level up boost purchases. He didn't reach level 74 by playing that much but by buying the level so to speak. 

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Fri, Sep 20 2013 3:36 PM

I agree with Alosso, your driver too powerful for you. Play 3 wood full back spin and pick you spot on fairway.

RSS