Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I am new to this game but have a few questions??

Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:51 PM (9 replies)
  • travissponheim
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:48 PM

Hello everyone I really enjoy playing this game but  just a few questions?  How do you get credits without having to purchase them with real money? I would really like to get new clubs and get better at this game but it seems quite impossible. Im level 15 and still no improvement without clubs.  

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2013 11:57 PM

By watching videos and doing surveys. Just hover your cursor over the Get Credits tab at the top of this page and then choose Earn Free Credits.

• Talluin
    257 Posts
    Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:10 AM

Great advice from Courteney,

Spend a couple of boring hours filling in surveys, well worth the time spent.  When i first started out, I remember spending almost an entire Saturday doing surveys.  some take as little as a few minutes up to 15-20 minutes but gave me the kickstart i needed to get a decent upgrade of equipment.

Tal

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:18 AM

Frankly, you need no custom clubs now. From level 30 on (approx. 11,000 XPs) better clubs will be available.

Take your time to learn the game, invaluable tips on Putting, Chips&Pitch there =>

Search the forum for further information, feel free to ask here.

Quite a few ppl rely on earning "free credits", but beware there is no free lunch. My time is worth more than an estimated wage of 2 $ / hour, and too often the surveys don't pay.

Have fun!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Sep 27 2013 12:32 AM

alosso:

Frankly, you need no custom clubs now. From level 30 on (approx. 11,000 XPs) better clubs will be available.

Take your time to learn the game, invaluable tips on Putting, Chips&Pitch there =>

Quite a few ppl rely on earning "free credits", but beware there is no free lunch. My time is worth more than an estimated wage of 2 $ / hour, and too often the surveys don't pay.

Have fun!

+1 Totally agree. To may players rush and upgrade at low levels and effectively waste their credits.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Sep 27 2013 1:59 AM

alanti:

alosso:

Have fun!

+1 Totally agree. To may players rush and upgrade at low levels and effectively waste their credits.

+2

The game is hard when you first start to play it,  but it can be the best time to learn the game. 

The more games you play, the better you will get.....   the higher level you are the better clubs you can get. 

The 'Putting Tips' ----> (is a good read)

-Roger

• VirtualGareth
    94 Posts
    Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:25 AM

Its already been said by the posters above - but just keep plugging away at the free credits. I have not spent a cent of "real" money on the game yet but have managed to amass a pretty decent bag of clubs.

Most importantly - dont worry too much about upgrading your gear too quickly. Enjoy the game for waht it is and enjoy learning how to play it!

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2013 9:53 AM

apply for one of the credit card offers, once approved you can get approx. 5,000-6,000 credits. enough to purchase a full set of decent clubs. thats how i started. lol

• BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:47 AM

Firstly, let me welcome you to wgt, a virtualworld where golf is very realistc, and it oes without sayng, no sore boes besides your finger or bottom, lol  :)  hope you enjoy yourself, the answers given so far are quite adequate, however I strongly suggest sticking with your clubs and improve your game equipment as you can...there is I believe alot to be learned an improved upon as you go...work withi your limits and abundace, gear gets quite expensive,thereare some who haveplayed into high achievments with starters clubs... gooodluck in your game, oh; and by the way,..

gOdgOlfin'2Ya!  :) BigArnL

• Wenton1
    7 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2013 8:51 PM

I have never spent a dime on this site, the surveys are boring but worth it

RSS