Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newby

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 23 2013 2:45 AM (4 replies)
  • TinRooF442
    1 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 4:39 PM

Being new to this site are there any points I should know about before starting to play a game?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 5:05 PM

Try playing any game then ask for advice on a specific topic in which you find yourself lacking ?

Otherwise, just crack on and muddle through and learn by your mistakes....

Andy

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:02 PM

No just hit away , and then the questions will come.

Many of them you will find the answer to in the forum and  the search. 

game tips is very useful , I read it every night when I started, it will improve your game

And have fun , that is the most important part.

Specific questions?  Then ask away and someone will help you out

Siggi

• coinkeeper1
    23 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2013 8:29 PM

Welcome to your new addiction  lol.

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2013 2:45 AM

Exactly as above. I joined in June 2013 (it says January on my profile for some reason). Didn't bother too much reading anything - just grabbed the clubs and let go, and learned as I went along. Coming up close to 400 ranked rounds now and I think my biggest education has been how to recover from poor shots. With driving at less than 70% accuracy and GIR just over 50%, I really needed to work out how best to recover.

I'm now starting to hit with more accuracy but keep reading the forums for the odd extra tip.

Obviously, buying the best kit you can afford is a great help also.

Enjoy the game - it IS only that - I have only just started looking for multi-player games and it has bought increased enjoyment - above all, don't take it too seriously - we can't all be as good as fmagnet!

RSS