Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Newbie!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:04 PM (8 replies)
  • JLackmann101
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2013 11:49 AM
    Hello, would like to introduce myself, and then tell you about an experience I just had playing a Blitz round with a username person of Insignia47.I'm 45 years old, from Minnesota, USA. I just joined WGT Golf on Facebook October 19, 2013. I'm not sure on what I'm doing yet, or how all the features of the game work. I played a few 9 hole rounds, then I figured out I could play 18 hole rounds. Then today I thought I would try and see what the Blitz feature was. Looks like a multiplayer game, with just hitting 1 shot per hole.Here's where I started to get ridiculed by a username person of Insignia47. He kept telling me I was cheating, and that I had more than 1 account. I couldn't figure out what he was getting at, other than I was beating him with better shots? I tried explaining to him, I try to select the best club, allow for the wind, and try to hit the center of the meter everytime. He kept swearing at me. I hope not everyone is like that here?Anyway, I would like to play more Blitz games, unless everyone is like the person I mentioned above.Feel free to help me during play, as I will do the same.
  • keidan
    311 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 10:07 PM

Welcome JLackmann101!

No worries about the occasional deranged individuals, lots of good people here, plenty of veterans with good tips willing to help.  If you're looking for multiplayer games without the abuse consider joining a country club with like-minded individuals.  Personally I prefer stroke play tourneys and don't have much more time to devote to CC's but anyway there is something for everyone here... enjoy!  -Keith  

PS  by the way, feel free to screen capture any abuse and forward via e-mail to WGT staff privately.  They will take care of it.  Even if justified, refrain from specifying individuals about misconduct in the forum which is against posting policies.

• riskplayer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 11:06 PM

keidan:

Welcome JLackmann101!

No worries about the occasional deranged individuals, lots of good people here, plenty of veterans with good tips willing to help.  If you're looking for multiplayer games without the abuse consider joining a country club with like-minded individuals.  Personally I prefer stroke play tourneys and don't have much more time to devote to CC's but anyway there is something for everyone here... enjoy!  -Keith  

PS  by the way, feel free to screen capture any abuse and forward via e-mail to WGT staff privately.  They will take care of it.  Even if justified, refrain from specifying individuals about misconduct in the forum which is against posting policies.

^^^^^^^ What he said is good advice. Enjoy your time here.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2013 11:25 PM

+1!

And, you may "encourage" the abusive person by stating "Carry on, I'll take some more screenshots for the WGT authorities".

Plus, block this player via your "account" tab. No need to bear any more abuse in the future.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2013 12:37 PM

+1   ,also   .....   98% of experience members  are  great .    

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 10:48 AM

welcome :)

-wgticon

• llewellyn727
    33 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2013 4:36 PM

I am new as well. Have yet to play any multiplayer. Is there a practice course to play over and over off line so I can get better before venturing out to multiplayer.  I played the introductory nine hole course and although I did fine from T to Green. I have to be the worst putter in WGT history.  I had as high as 10 putts in one hole. Unfortunately that course is no longer available for me to keep on practicing. Would like to practice my short game and putting before playing against other members.

Great sim for golfers. Just joined yesterday & I am already hooked.

Thanks

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2013 10:01 PM

Welcome!  Based on your questions I think you are on the right track by starting to get into stroke play rounds.  In the stroke play screen, you can change the game mode to practice, where your rounds don't count.  But.. by playing ranked rounds, you start to accumulate stats and score histories, which is a good thing.

You may not be happy initially with your numbers, but it becomes very helpful because people can look at them and give you tips about your overall game play.  Besides, in the long run, your initial stats won't matter much.  And, as you advance to a new tier, your stroke play average will be reset. The main thing is to enjoy the game and not worry too much about your stats. 

For multiplayer games, consider joining a club where you can venture out right away and maximize your experience.  I am not a member of a club (I enjoy tourneys) but I hear that fellow members are generally friendly and very helpful with tips as they watch you play and see what equipment you're using.

Take a look in the forum under Product Discussions / Game Tips for some fantastic posts on putting right near the top.

-Keith

• juggss6
    121 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2013 10:04 PM

Welcome! Where abouts in MN are you from? I also reside in MN and sent you a friend request.

RSS