Help › Forums

Re: November 25th... "UNITE"

Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:05 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Mon, Nov 25 2013 2:56 PM

Hello my WGT family...

No matter where you live... today, (now yesterday... thanx WGT Moderators... I posted this 20 hours ago) November 25th is "International Day For The Elimination Of Violence Against Women". 

This speaks for itself and does not require a great explanation or my incentive for ALL to respect and acknowledge this day.

The WGT is a large internet community and we all hold a responsibility to speak and act out against those who may use this game for the undermining of women and our (on-line) safety and respect. For example, those who directly use this site to propagate their bad sexual habits and those who mis-represent themselves as girls and women for the purpose of preying on our sisters.

Protecting the dignity of your women is EVERYBODY'S responsibility!

As a daughter of South Africa, I live in a country where 3,600 women are raped EVERY DAY... This is about one rape every 26 seconds (and these numbers represent only the acts that dare to be reported...)

So please... wherever you are, whoever you are... hold your wives, daughters, sisters, etc. a little tighter this day.... and every day!

Thank-you,

xx MOLLY

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 11:34 AM

Well said Molly. It's time this planet became civilized.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:05 PM

I've got your six, sis!  Great post! +100

• ruskie1209
    246 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:08 PM

Very Well said! 

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 3:21 PM

Well said Molly!!

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 3:26 PM

great post Molly.

i've no time for guys who abuse women.

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 5:43 PM

Great post...men that abuse or hit woman...theres no excuse..shld be dragged behind a truck naked through barb wire and broken glass...50 years old never struck a woman in my life...

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:05 PM

I actually saw a video posted on facebook where this guy had been hitting on his gf and her brother came over and beat the dog out of him...he turned that guy every way but loose...that's what needs to happen to ANY guy who puts his hands on a female in a way other than being kind to her..

• MOLLY88
    1,029 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:07 PM

Eeezy now... God love you for feeling sooo strongly against violence towards women... but Violence shall NOT beget violence...

The dialogue that includes everyone is hugely empowering. In my country for example... it's not just the random fits of anger against women... it's the culture that our men feel that it's their entitlement, their right to beat down, rape and kill their wives & daughters. One in four of our women and girls are abused, sexually and otherwise by someone in their home.

And to my sisters who sit on their hands?

The time of silence and looking the other way has long passed... as Madeleine Albright once said... "There is a special place in hell for women who do not help other women..." 

luv & thanx to all for speaking out... I can feel the WGT community safer already!

xxme

• Shamper
    1,506 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 6:13 PM

The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women in Canada is an annual day of mourning and remembrance for the 14 young women who were singled out based on their sex and killed on December 6, 1989 at the École Polytechnique,  in what is known as the Montreal Massacre.  

On  December 6 of each year, the Government of New Brunswick (Canada) marks the anniversary of the loss of those 14 women.  But it also an annual day to reflect that today more than 70% of the victims of domestic homicide are women; that gender-based violence continues to be brutal reality for nearly 300 women and their children who flee a violent household every day in Canada; and that thousands of other women do not report their physical or psychological abuse, whether that be inside or outside the home.

Thank you Molly for starting this thread.

• PAGES
RSS