Forums

Help › Forums

Re: forgive me for my stupid question

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 2 2014 12:16 PM (9 replies)
  • DBrowning221
    5 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 1:48 PM

please look over my stupid question but I have cerebal palsy and its much harder for me to understand things. This game says its free to play BUT it says you have to BUY clubs,balls and other stuff just to play. why would anybody have to buy anything just to play a game? I can't afford to pay money all I want to do is play a golf game. please write back

• alosso
    21,054 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 4:00 PM

DBrowning221:
    it says you have to BUY clubs,balls and other stuff just to play.
    No it doesn't.

Play for free eternally with the Starter equipment but be sure that you miss a lot of fun.

Quoting Cabaret: "Money makes the world go round!"

• JasonBlazer
    2,246 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:10 PM

The stupid question is the one that isn't asked! You can play for free and have a great time for as long as you want. But just like real life, better equipment, which can improve/enhance your game, costs something. In this case it's credits, and you can get free credits by filling out surveys and watching sales pitches. Just be careful what you spend them on. There are countless forum entries as to what to spend credits on and when. And also, look into joining a Country Club (again, it's free), it can really improve your WGT experience. Just have fun!

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:48 PM

DB, I agree with Jason. No question should ever be considered stupid. If you are not sure of something then you ask. I hope you enjoy playing WGT, make some friends, have fun and don't worry for a second how good you get. There are many of us on here who play for fun only. A good friend to have some fun on here with is priceless, won't cost you a thing. Happy to read your post, enjoy the journey Sir.

Renni

• chris2345
    528 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 7:08 PM

• DBrowning221
    5 Posts
    Sun, Mar 16 2014 9:16 PM

Thanks everybody for the feedback I really appreciate it!!  That had me totally confused but it doesn't take much.. These credits that you suppose to get by doing surveys or something. I use these to get better stuff without using real money.. Its in other words game money?

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, Mar 18 2014 12:52 PM

Under the "get credits" tab on your home page, select "earn free credits"- u can take surveys, watch videos, etc. the average survey pays 120 credits. These you can use in the pro shop or to enter ready-go tournaments- where u can "win" more credits if you score well. Practice a lot first! lol

and yes, it is "game money" if you will- if you actually spend your own money, you first have to "purchase credits" at a rate of 100 per dollar. 

Have fun!

• TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Wed, Mar 19 2014 4:48 PM

DB I've been playing this game for awhile and everything I have came from free credits. I will say, it use to be easier to get some free credits than now. It can get very boring to watch the ads. So what I do is open another tab and look at something I would enjoy to read/ look at and after the free credit video is over I collect it. 

• hornby
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 2 2014 12:16 PM

Well said Renni 

RSS