Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is it just me or....

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 20 2010 2:18 PM (4 replies)
  • PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 7:22 PM

Was every single hole of the latest full 18 ready-go on St.Andrews playing into the wind? I never knew they designed that course with all the holes going in the same direction :) lol. I realize the wind directions are random, but I swear every hole was into the wind, thought it a bit odd. Speaking of the 18hole St.Andrews ready-go, does anyone else have problems with serious loading and lag issues with this particular tourny? I've only played it 2-3x but my animations and meter go crazy through the hole round. Seems like every shot I hit freezes 5-6x.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 2:36 AM

Lol, I too sometimes wonder if that is the case with the wind until I get to the 8th and the 11th. Exactly the 2 holes you'd want a headwind on, you end up with a +30mph tailwind.

I agree with you on the meter, for some reason I have more problems with it when playing St Andrews than on any other course.

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:11 AM
    Don't play the ready go's so I have no idea about that one. Regarding the wind, this is my biggest issue with course set up. If you play a tract like Kiawah or St Andrews, the wind is consistent. For example Kiawah has about 16 holes that run north to south or south to north, for example 10 -13 run n to s and 14 to 18 s to n, you expect the wind on 10 to be opposite of 18 but you never know. At SA you have holes that run the same way as well and you get a different wind. I realize that it might be the randome aspect of the game but the wind being random doesn't mean it should be inconsistent on the course.
  • TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 10:56 AM

I believe wgt has six wind settings that are random on EACH hole. So they dont program the wind to be in one direction for the round. This is done so people don't keep reloading/rebooting on 1 or 10 until they achieve the desired wind. This is their explanation not mine. In ready go's it should not matter because what ever wind you have on one it should blow from that point of the compass on every hole, however i assume this would be a programming nightmare to have only for ready-go's. I dont know but thats the explanation i was given. Also, have you ever noticed you rarely get a tail wind on 16 at Kiawah?

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 2:18 PM

This makes sense although I still don't like the random wind on each tee, takes a little of the feel of real golf away.

#16 at Kiawah, I don't notice many tail winds either.

RSS