Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT down during paid CC rounds

Thu, Apr 3 2014 5:52 PM (2 replies)
  • PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Sun, Mar 30 2014 10:19 PM

I was just wondering what happens in cases where WGT is down (which happens quite often) for an update or whatever and there's a paid tournament in progress.

So for example my CC is running a multi-round tournament, each round is 24 hours and I get 3 or 4 players pay credits to enter the tourny but before they can complete R1 WGT goes down.

When they have a chance to resume the tourny they find that R1 has closed and they have been forced to WD because of the downtime.

Does WGT give the credits back or do players just get robbed by WGT?

Do some players who can squeeze in a round before it goes down get lucky while the other just have to accept it?

What happens if all players are forced to WD?

Would it not be possible to extend affected rounds that are disrupted by WGT maintenance for the same period they are unavailable?

Sorry, lots of questions. Look forward to hearing back.

Thanks

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 9:24 AM

hi

Downtimes are inevitable as we improve the game. I always post them as soon as I know they will happen.  

If a  round is 24 hours, and downtime at most 5 hours, then it leaves plenty of time to complete a round. We cannot extend any round, for when the tournament has started, it's locked in. As for the rest, I recommend you contact us via members@worldgolftour.com as I don't know the answers for it :)

-wgticon

• PRStevenson
    842 Posts
    Thu, Apr 3 2014 5:52 PM

I have noticed we now get a notice in game (at the top of the screen) when WGT will go down which is helpful.

I guess players will just have to be concious of when the round ends and if they want to get a round in check on the hour to see when WGT is back up.

Good to know that downtime is at most 5 hours.

RSS