Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Take my rating and shove it !!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:34 PM (7 replies)
  • TheGoldenGut
    8 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:18 AM

I wouldn't want to be a newbie to this site. WGT  has gotten so hard to play it is not even funny. Green speeds are out of wack and hole positions are always difficult ( not to reach) but to putt for. I haven't posted a sub par score on any course in over a month and I need at least a 3 under to maintain my rating. My rating is going to be shoved. Back to plus 4's for a good score I guess.

• ForFoxSake
    28 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 10:17 PM

Check score history (Courses played) the answer is obvious.  Only played easy courses most of time and advanced before ready.  I am taking recent steps to make sure it does not happen to me. Play tough courses and POST all your scores!

All our ratings have gotten "Shoved" as you so eloquently put it. But after some adjustment and playing enough to advance 8 levels since update....my scores are getting low sometimes again. I posted a 30 recently on VERY fast greens.

• TheGoldenGut
    8 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 8:24 AM

God  love  the....know-it -alls...where would the world be without you people...Keep up the good work...

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Sep 21 2010 10:34 AM

Truth hurts eh? And one tends to get a better response from the powers that be, if you talk nicely.

• TheGoldenGut
    8 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 6:09 AM

another one... god love you too.. know-it -all

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 6:09 AM

Gut, Fox is right. Also, starter clubs are only good until you reach a certain point in this game. If you upgrade just you're putter, you'll see an improvement in your game. It's best if you record all of your ranked rounds. This will allow you to advance through the tiers naturally.

The game is going  to continue to change on a frequent basis so people don't get settled into the same game play over time. Keep in mind, the game has a randomness (VEM) feature programmed in it for a feel of real golf. The starter clubs and their lack of precision are hard to combat this feature the further away you tee-off from the hole.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 1:32 PM

I'm confused, what rating are you protecting? Is there something I'm unaware of here? Dammit, I was just starting to get the hang of the new set up, and now this. Does anyone else know about these ratings? Thx in advance for all the responses. JB

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:34 PM

TheGoldenGut:
    God  love  the....know-it -alls...where would the world be without you people...Keep up the good work...

Dude, when people post in the forum they are typically looking for response or explanation.  That's exactly what you got and good ones at that.

You are correct that the new adjustments are quite difficult, but many players, me included, welcome the challenge.  Have I shot a 56 since the update?  Hell no but a 61 now feels just as good. 

Gut, play the course not your average and have a good time brother.  Didn't check your equipment out but it seems like WGT will be adjusting some of the leveling restrictions on new stuff sometime soon so hang in there man.

RSS