Forums

Help › Forums

The Good, The Bad and The Fugly

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:37 PM (0 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Sep 19 2010 6:37 PM

So, I was just a jobbing Pro here, and now I'm a jobbing Master (post-upgrade), which is interesting. And I love this game. Seriously.

I'm semi-crap at it of course, but that beats the almost-entirely-crap that I am at the real version, so this stuff is good. I shake my head in wonder at all of you lot who post your sub-60 scores and I realise the air is too thin for me in your world. And so, with that in mind, I would just like to take one self-indulgent, self-congratulatory moment to share my supreme excitement that for about an hour so far I have been actually leading one of my CC tournies!! I bet you Legends are all jealous now, right?

I put this astounding position down to the following factors:

1. I am a god-like genius at this game

2.  I had a large beer just before playing

3. None of the best players in my CC have entered the same tourney yet.

Nonetheless, undaunted and even buoyed by the fact that my average is now momentarily below 70 again I decided to enter another CC tournament, this time at St.A with heavy winds and tournament greens. What did I care about that anyway, us god-like genius-types eat that stuff for breakfast and spit out the seeds.

There's a mile-wide crater visible from space now. It marks the exact position where I recently crashed back to Earth. Maybe that beer wasn't such an astounding idea after all...

So I take my hat off to all you Legends and Tour Masters. It was nice to visit your world (in my mind) for a second, but apparently I was just passing through. At great speed.

Enjoy the game everyone.

RSS